Who's watching the debate?

LEHRER: Say it directly to him.

OBAMA: I do not think that they are.

LEHRER: Say it directly to him.

OBAMA: Well, the -- John, 10 days ago, you said that the fundamentals of the economy are sound. And...

MCCAIN: Are you afraid I couldn't hear him?

LEHRER: I'm just determined to get you all to talk to each other. I'm going to try.

What was going on here? I'm reading along on CNN so it is hard to figure tones.

What was going on here? I'm reading along on CNN so it is hard to figure tones.

It was on like 6 different stations ... WTF?

The canidates were talking to the audience or the moderator and not to each other. Jim Lehrer was trying to get them to fight.

obama took a significant hit on intrade immediately following the debates, fell to as low as 53 that i saw, but he's back up to 56.

omg obama's foreign policy answers were more generalized than the book of genesis. mccain def. had the one up on that. 40 minutes spent on economy talk and both managed not to answer a single fucking question.

biden is going to slaughter palin - way to puss out on the fucking vp follow up you alaskan noob

Great... our economy is constantly dropping and we have this too look forward to as president options.

We're doomed.

Oh... and every other country hates us. weeee

that's one of the things that leaves the worst taste in my mouth...we could and should be a shining example of how to be the greatest power in the world and we've fucked ourselves in 20 different angles that might not ever be recoverable

that's one of the things that leaves the worst taste in my mouth...we could and should be a shining example of how to be the greatest power in the world and we've fucked ourselves in 20 different angles that might not ever be recoverable

now how in the world (uh, literally) should we be a shining example? i'd love to see an expansion on this statement. it's very interesting to receive perceptions of the US.

now how in the world (uh, literally) should we be a shining example? i'd love to see an expansion on this statement. it's very interesting to receive perceptions of the US.

we are currently in a state of social, economic, and political freefall and not only does this hurt everyone one of us in the US, but it has catastrophic global impact

Because we ARE WERE the global superpower. We should be setting examples for the world on how things should be done, with grace and humility. Instead, our Cowboy took the exact opposite stance.

this is a guy who is unaware of how many houses he owns
You should know better on that one.

It's not a simple question for someone married to Cindy's money.

He may not actually own any houses.

They could all be owned by trusts, or in Cindy's name, whatever.

This is why people with that kind of cash have tax lawyers to keep track of all that crap for them :fly:

You should know better on that one.

It's not a simple question for someone married to Cindy's money.

He may not actually own any houses.

They could all be owned by trusts, or in Cindy's name, whatever.

This is why people with that kind of cash have tax lawyers to keep track of all that crap for them :fly:

are you saying you wouldn't know either? :p
I certainly would

I tend to forget stuff like that, particularly when someone else is handling it.

Although personally if I was 72 and loaded, I'D FREAKING RETIRE AND SPEND TIME WITH MY FAMILY.

if you don't know about all these cool pads you have and which one you'd like to be at any given week then what's the point?

I'd retire too...fuck that noise