NSFW Whoa Black Betty! Spam-ba-lam! (Official NSFW Spam thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks more like a legal liability issue to me.
I see how it could be one more confirmation, but by the time you get to that point you have more than enough confirmation to say you are sure in what you are doing.
That's what I said earlier. :waw:
This falls under non-voluntary euthanasia, which is a whole different debate than voluntary euthanasia. I guess I should have been more clear than I was talking about one ending their own life.
A person who has Alzheimers and wants to die, but can't because he is not sound of mind is non-voluntary? :wtf: I'm not talking about knocking off people who are knocking on deaths door without their consent.
Under consent, I don't see how the delivery method matters.
It gets more complicated when someone else is holding the gun.

A person who has Alzheimers and wants to die, but can't because he is not sound of mind is non-voluntary? :wtf: I'm not talking about knocking off people who are knocking on deaths door without their consent.

If they are not of sound mind, how can they make that decision? They can't, therefor it's non-voluntary.

It gets more complicated when someone else is holding the gun.

Why though? If I have coherently decided that you can take my life, what justified complications are there?

If they are not of sound mind, how can they make that decision? They can't, therefor it's non-voluntary.
Alzheimer patients have moments of clarity and commonly its those times that they voice that they want to die and can't because they aren't of sound mind 100% of the time. To be trapped in your head like that must be devastatingly frustrating, but you should be able to end it.

Why though? If I have coherently decided that you can take my life, what justified complications are there?
Like I said before... its harder to legislate that.

Alzheimer patients have moments of clarity and commonly its those times that they voice that they want to die and can't because they aren't of sound mind 100% of the time. To be trapped in your head like that must be devastatingly frustrating, but you should be able to end it.

Like I said before... its harder to legislate that.

Once you're that far gone the end isn't far off.

But again, the ethical and legal issues behind allowing an Alzheimer's patient who isn't lucid enough to recognize their own reflection 85% of the time to dictate their own death simply cannot be ignored. At that point it doesn't matter how much they may or may not be suffering. The implications would affect society as a whole, not just that one person.

This is an excellent documentary on assisted suicide. I don't think there are many here against it, but this shows both sides and what it is like to go through with assisted suicide. This documentary actually shows a man going through with it and passing away while his wife rubs his hand. It's quite beautiful and sad at the same time.

Terry is one of my favorite writers. It was so heartbreaking to hear of his illness. He was going to finished a book then send off, but he's just signed a 10 book deal. I hope that means that he's doing well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you're that far gone the end isn't far off.

But again, the ethical and legal issues behind allowing an Alzheimer's patient who isn't lucid enough to recognize their own reflection 85% of the time to dictate their own death simply cannot be ignored. At that point it doesn't matter how much they may or may not be suffering. The implications would affect society as a whole, not just that one person.

physically it can be.

My grandmother has been gone for at least 10 years now. She is not my grandmother anymore in any way but body. She doesnt know where she is, she has no idea who anyone is, she's very frightened all the time, and the last known memory about 5 years ago was from when she had regressed to grade school. Literally. She thought she was in grade school. Not confusion, she vividly was living the memories of her actual grade school experience. But her body is still strong as can be for her age.

One of my grandmothers pulled the plug on herself despite being relatively healthy. She was like 94 or 96. One day she just said fuck it, everyone I know is dead so I'm out of here. Stopped eating and was gone in 2 weeks. Tough as nails old German broad. Went out on her own terms.

Should women be allowed to go topless in public?

http://www.theatlantic.com/national...llowing-women-to-go-topless-in-public/279755/

Doubt this debate has much national traction, though thought you guys might have fun discussing this topic. Also goes along with today's theme of retarded laws from the retarded religious.

Obviously my answer to this is, yes. I also wonder how laws against topless females in public hold up in court, as they are by default sexually discriminatory.

I think people should absolutely have the right to kill themselves. In fact as the world's population swells and corruption becomes more and more rampant, I openly encourage the eating of bullets by many, many shitty and gross people to make more room for the rest of us. But things get much trickier when you turn suicide into an institution.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national...llowing-women-to-go-topless-in-public/279755/

Doubt this debate has much national traction, though thought you guys might have fun discussing this topic. Also goes along with today's theme of retarded laws from the retarded religious.

Obviously my answer to this is, yes. I also wonder how laws against topless females in public hold up in court, as they are by default sexually discriminatory.

I agree with you. Let the topless revolution begin! My camera is ready.

Not sure if I found it from here, but there was an article about a lady in GA(?) being arrested for being topless. The kicker was that the law was written to say that being topless in public is fine so long as the person is not doing so in a lewd manner. However she was standing still for a photo shoot, so the cop basically imposed his views on her and that was the big thing about the article. Her purpose at being there was supplanted by his

I posted about a chick being arrested for posing topless right around the corner from my place a month or 2 ago. It was like 6am on a Sunday and it was a fashion shoot.

What's the total recovery time? Will you have to do chemo after you're healed?
I'm hoping to be back to work in 4 weeks. They won't let me resume full activities until 6 weeks, though (no biking, running, swimming, lifting, etc). I'm likely to need a weight belt for the rest of my life to avoid herniating the incision site when I lift weights, unfortunately.

Additional cancer treatment will depend on the pathology of the lymph nodes, and I won't know about those until 1 October. Statistically, this lymph node dissection returns negative (non cancerous) results 70% of the time, so here's hoping I had that cripplingly painful and slow recovery for nothing!

The only person who thinks it's religious is you.

Yes women should be able to go topless. The laws against it are usually rooted in public disturbance, I think. Because oh no! Tits!

I'm hoping to be back to work in 4 weeks. They won't let me resume full activities until 6 weeks, though (no biking, running, swimming, lifting, etc). I'm likely to need a weight belt for the rest of my life to avoid herniating the incision site when I lift weights, unfortunately.

Additional cancer treatment will depend on the pathology of the lymph nodes, and I won't know about those until 1 October. Statistically, this lymph node dissection returns negative (non cancerous) results 70% of the time, so here's hoping I had that cripplingly painful and slow recovery for nothing!

That's not too bad. At least it's only 6 weeks.

Fingers crossed for the cancer free dissection.

Status
Not open for further replies.