GAY Who are the Flatboi Downs-Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet!! So two of us are figguts. :) How big are your trees, do you have to protect them from the weather in winter? I saw this Sunday and meant to ask.

I don't really know much about them, haven't read up on it, just let it do what it does.

"Tree" was here when we moved here. Looks more like a giant bush as there are 10 or 15 narrow "trunks" growing out of one spot of ground. Probably never maintained or was cut down some time in the past and came back as a bunch of shoots?

Fruit gets to something a little smaller than a tennis ball but a good bit larger than a golf ball. I guess about the size of a lemon if lemons were round.

I eat them right off the tree but should probably learn to make some jam or bars or something.

We don't have winter so don't have to do anything.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I don't really know much about them, haven't read up on it, just let it do what it does.

"Tree" was here when we moved here. Looks more like a giant bush as there are 10 or 15 narrow "trunks" growing out of one spot of ground. Probably never maintained or was cut down some time in the past and came back as a bunch of shoots?

Fruit gets to something a little smaller than a tennis ball but a good bit larger than a golf ball. I guess about the size of a lemon if lemons were round.

I eat them right off the tree but should probably learn to make some jam or bars or something.

We don't have winter so don't have to do anything.
Sounds like you need no help or suggestions. The winter care is a bitch for us up north, but the roots of many varieties can take -10f. I used to drag this one tree in/out each year, then I switched to just cutting it and the other 3 I bought to the ground and getting just one main crop. You probably gets 2-ish, a small one and then a larger one. I have to put tanglefoot(sticky shit) on the trunks to keep the ants off. Yeah, few make it into the house unless I'm sharing with momma.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
My whole life I've had this strange reflex of trying to catch things I drop, with my foot. It never works. Just now I dropped the mayo from the fridge and managed to catch it right side up with my foot and place it back in the fridge. Never used my hands. I can die in peace now.

I shower every single day sometimes twice. You want to catch me after a shower and not after a shift though, cuz my customers stink.
I know Ive asked you this before but I forget your answer. Ever have bedbug problems in your hack?

I have ten gigs lined up this month. I'll make full time minimum wage this month for half the hours. I hope this thing lasts for a while.

• Gravy
I was gonna ask if they compensated a little extra for dealing with the old people smell but since they banned smoking in the bars around here you can smell every ass and foot and puddle of vomit and nasty perfume and stale pickled egg anyways so it's pretty much the same thing.

Down with smoking bans.

Why don't you become a promoter? I could use gigs like that.
I'm not the promoter for the gigs I do. I just wait for the call. We play mostly the same venues every month. The old folks can't remember us so I guess it never gets old.

• Gravy
I was gonna ask if they compensated a little extra for dealing with the old people smell but since they banned smoking in the bars around here you can smell every ass and foot and puddle of vomit and nasty perfume and stale pickled egg anyways so it's pretty much the same thing.

Down with smoking bans.
I get 60 bucks an hour and most of the gigs are two hours. Some are 2.5 hours. I'd be lucky to get 60 bucks for 3 or 4 hours doing it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.