GAY Who are the Flatboi Downs-Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just imagine a culture with technology so Advanced they could make it across light-years. Currently I think the fastest we can get a ship to go eventually is somewhere between 30000 and 60000 miles per hour. I think I did the math one day and it was 86000 years to get to Proxima Centauri or something along those lines maybe it was only eight thousand years. In any case, you would need a drive that approached light speed in order to get anywhere in any reasonable amount of time.

as far as our earthly understanding of physics goes, it's not even remotely possible for an object to travel at light speed. bar all technological problems, it just isn't theoretically viable. but if you could, say, get a ship to run at speeds we can't comprehend (even half of light speed is incomprehensibly fast), the biggest obstacle in making it across a light year would be fuel. that's where pretty much any idea of actual explorative space travel starts to fall apart.

I am sure that other intelligent life exists out there. there are just too many planets for none of them to have anything. but I'm also sure that they're all too far apart to ever interact with us under any circumstances. it's a shame, really.

I hope that somewhere out there there are two earth-like planets close enough together to interact with each other. maybe even observe us without being able to reach us like a better hubble telescope. that would be cool. not that I'll ever know.

as far as our earthly understanding of physics goes, it's not even remotely possible for an object to travel at light speed. bar all technological problems, it just isn't theoretically viable. but if you could, say, get a ship to run at speeds we can't comprehend (even half of light speed is incomprehensibly fast), the biggest obstacle in making it across a light year would be fuel. that's where pretty much any idea of actual explorative space travel starts to fall apart.

I am sure that other intelligent life exists out there. there are just too many planets for none of them to have anything. but I'm also sure that they're all too far apart to ever interact with us under any circumstances. it's a shame, really.

I hope that somewhere out there there are two earth-like planets close enough together to interact with each other. maybe even observe us without being able to reach us like a better hubble telescope. that would be cool. not that I'll ever know.
All of this just makes me feel like there is not really any value to life. I'm going to drown my sorrows in tater tots tonight.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
All of this just makes me feel like there is not really any value to life. I'm going to drown my sorrows in tater tots tonight.

Life has value.
Make someone laugh/ smile. Make and share a good meal with someone who can't do it themselves anymore. Lay on the ground and let a gang of puppies jump all over you.
Have fun and find someone to share it with. The value in life is what we do with it.
Your memories take a lifetime of investment but will be your most valuable asset at the end.

I think it's weird earthlings imagine sentient alien beings to have to operate or function within the limits we do. I guess that's 'cause that's all we know but who says they have to have cultures, or nations, or societies, or any of that stuff?

Who says they have to communicate via sound waves through the air? Maybe they don't even have or need air, or ears. We're the only place we know of that does.

Who says they'd be trying to reach us or communicate with us or even consider us sentient beings at all? We could just be a pebble they kick out of the way, or another insect they can pin to a corkboard, or nothing.

I think it's weird earthlings imagine sentient alien beings to have to operate or function within the limits we do. I guess that's 'cause that's all we know but who says they have to have cultures, or nations, or societies, or any of that stuff?

Who says they have to communicate via sound waves through the air? Maybe they don't even have or need air, or ears. We're the only place we know of that does.

Who says they'd be trying to reach us or communicate with us or even consider us sentient beings at all? We could just be a pebble they kick out of the way, or another insect they can pin to a corkboard, or nothing.

I hope the pin doesn't hit my bladder. I have a hard enough time holding it when I'm stuck somewhere.

Life has value.
Make someone laugh/ smile. Make and share a good meal with someone who can't do it themselves anymore. Lay on the ground and let a gang of puppies jump all over you.
Have fun and find someone to share it with. The value in life is what we do with it.
Your memories take a lifetime of investment but will be your most valuable asset at the end.

I copy/pasted this on my notepad. I titled it "strings wisdom".

You're one of the good ones.

ditto. It's funny that the old stories about 'aliens' included beings that were distortions of our figures and communicated via some kind of made up sounds. Like we simply couldn't imagine better.

That said, we're imagining better now, but how will we be imagining them in 500 yrs?

ditto. It's funny that the old stories about 'aliens' included beings that were distortions of our figures and communicated via some kind of made up sounds. Like we simply couldn't imagine better.

That said, we're imagining better now, but how will we be imagining them in 500 yrs?

You hit it with distortions of ourselves.

Weird looking but still head, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, arms, legs, body.
Spine, ribcage, guts, and muscles.

Skull and bones. Well those might be aliens.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Life has value.
Meh I'm still going to overload on tots.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Status
Not open for further replies.