GAY Who are the Flatboi Downs-Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just imagine a culture with technology so Advanced they could make it across light-years. Currently I think the fastest we can get a ship to go eventually is somewhere between 30000 and 60000 miles per hour. I think I did the math one day and it was 86000 years to get to Proxima Centauri or something along those lines maybe it was only eight thousand years. In any case, you would need a drive that approached light speed in order to get anywhere in any reasonable amount of time.
If there are aliens that could make the distance, I am kinda afraid of what their other capabilities might be. Advanced one's would might hide their presence from us. One's at similar state of development would wave out the window like a kid. Like us.:p

Yeah, considering the distance I'm not convinced it's a super productive activity, other than tech developments from the R & D work.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
If there are aliens that could make the distance, I am kinda afraid of what their other capabilities might be. Advanced one's would might hide their presence from us. One's at similar state of development would wave out the window like a kid. Like us.:p

Yeah, considering the distance I'm not convinced it's a super productive activity, other than tech developments from the R & D work.
Another possibility is that they've been banished from their culture.

Also probable they toasted their own solar system and are looking for other planets to fuck up. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
If there's sentient life elsewhere, chances are they also don't learn from their mistakes and break shit constantly.
imagine they've got maps of universe and # all the potential environments that are useful to them. I wonder WHAT the criteria is that makes them useful?

I don't know. Maybe they just want to say hello and be neighborly. But usually anyone willing to make a trip that long or technically challenging (aka expensive) is looking for something they intend to take one way or another.
Or so history has taught us.

Status
Not open for further replies.