GAY Who are the Flatboi Downs - Part III

PBS news hour been doing a series on the pot business called Green Rush.
Last night's segment was in @pacojas old neighborhood . They even mentioned murder mountain lol. Only gave it like 30 seconds, no more than a minute though. Spent the rest of the 10-12 or so minute segment with these 2 craft growers.

One of them was called Swami and branded himself as a Hindu pot guru. Looked the part.

The other was a couple in Humboldt. Can't remember their name but they do "Orange something Kush". They're the ones when they brought up the murder mountain thing the guy points behind him and says "yeah that was over there", referring to the mountains behind the one you could see in the back of the shot.
I'm sitting there thinking man I wonder if Paco knows these folks.

Rest of it was using comparisons to wine making and the beer industry to try to describe to people all the different strains. Where the industry is at.
The importance of branding to cut through market clutter.
Small growers forming co-ops to help spread costs around to try to compete with the big guys.
Etc.

Who knows how much is embellished, omitted, or fairly accurate but it's an interesting series nonetheless.
Comparing weed to wine and beer is incorrect as hell. There's only one strain of alcohol, it's called alcohol LOL. There are many many different cannabinoids out there that make you feel many many different ways.

Comparing weed to wine and beer is incorrect as hell. There's only one strain of alcohol, it's called alcohol LOL. There are many many different cannabinoids out there that make you feel many many different ways.

Wine part more about how the soil and climate it's grown in affect things, like with grapes.

The beer part was more the business end, like comparing smaller batch craft brewers vs. Anheuser Busch.

Maybe not the best analogies but they work to get the main idea across to people starting at zero knowledge.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
What's a cheap basic Roku that just works? Don't care about super HD 4k streaming to phone or any extra stuff, just make it play.
i dont get this whole roku concept baba
i just watch shit on the compyooter wireless mouse becomes the remote control and volume control is on the wireless keyboard

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Wine part more about how the soil and climate it's grown in affect things, like with grapes.

The beer part was more the business end, like comparing smaller batch craft brewers vs. Anheuser Busch.

Maybe not the best analogies but they work to get the main idea across to people starting at zero knowledge.

FWIW, the weeds regulatory system here is the same one that regulates alcohol.

• Gravy
Totes agree on the alcohol part. After the alcohol all you are really comparing is flavour and mouth feel.

Weed can be grown great, only to be ruined in the curing. And shit weed( from a buzz standpoint) can be cured to smell like top shelf medical grade. Si in that regard I'm thinking it is slightly analogous to beer and wine - good ingredients can be turned into shit brew #homebrewshitbeer. Not so sure about shit ingredients(grain or grapes) becoming good hootch.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and adi
i dont get this whole roku concept baba
i just watch shit on the compyooter wireless mouse becomes the remote control and volume control is on the wireless keyboard

TV is way huger than computer screen. But it's older. Doesn't have Netflix apps and stuff built in. Needs a Roku to make the wifi computer stuff play on the TV.

At least I think that's how it works.

• Gravy
TV is way huger than computer screen. But it's older. Doesn't have Netflix apps and stuff built in. Needs a Roku to make the wifi computer stuff play on the TV.

got it hips baba :) ya i think thats how its done too
i guess the roku thing needs a lan or wifi connection

• Gravy
got it hips baba :) ya i think thats how its done too
i guess the roku thing needs a lan or wifi connection

I just know it's basically a "converter box" that makes the signal something the (older) TV can play.

And thus ends the extent of my geekness.

• Gravy

Your TV better have a USB port.

I'll check. Has all kinda shit back there.
I don't want to confuse you, but you could also get a cracked firestick. I forget the name of the app that needs to be upload it onto the fire stick, but the fire stick needs to be cracked in order to upload that particular app. You can just search eBay for a cracked firestick.