Who among you has driven a segway

I love those episodes of Arrested Development where Michael's brother had a Segway and was driving around everywhere on it. So damn funny.

I remember when the rumor of the Segway came out. They called it "it" and it was supposed to revolutionize travel and entire cities would be built around the damn thing and so forth. ...it's a damn motorized scooter basically...I can't see it revolutionizing the world.

itburnswhenipee said:
Yeah... they're gay and overpriced, yet somehow intriguing. Who among ye has worked one of these mahcina, bending it to your wills and whims?
I took a tour on one of those in Orlando in December! They are awesome! Can't explain it, but after several hours on one, I was totally hooked

If only my husband would let me buy one :p

helenabear said:
I took a tour on one of those in Orlando in December! They are awesome! Can't explain it, but after several hours on one, I was totally hooked

If only my husband would let me buy one :p
that was fast. lol

itburnswhenipee said:
I thought the british isles + ireland had a proud tradition of alternative transportation. What gives? It's THAT gay!?
We have low powered cars, or at least the cars have smaller engine sizes for more power. ChikkenNoodel could explain it better, I don't know much about cars except for those which I plan to own.

Other than that, Dublin has a new tram system that's pretty darn good. People still prefer to cycle though, especially in the University areas. I don't even think the Segway is sold here. I'm sure some idiot would probably buy one, sociology student or something.

Galen said:
We have low powered cars, or at least the cars have smaller engine sizes for more power. ChikkenNoodel could explain it better, I don't know much about cars except for those which I plan to own.
The UK has rather good public transportation from my limited experiences there, that's one thing.

Gas and diesel fuel was almost $7-8 a gallon when I was there recently, that's another thing that keeps people from driving unneccesarily.

The majority of cars and trucks sold there, in addition to generally being smaller than cars sold here (With the exception of London, where I saw more Aston Martins, Rolls', and Bentley's in a week than I've seen in a lifetime here and I go in SEARCH of them) are powered primarily by small turbodiesel engines.

So your average consumer car is getting 40-50+mpg easy with low emissions, and even most luxury cars are available with diesel engines. Nothing like a smooth running BMW 5-series with more torque than a gas version, getting almost 40mpg.