Which politician are you most in tune with?

Who is too busy to care? No one that spends time on this forum is too busy to care. No one that watches a dozen hours of TV each week is too busy to care. No one that that goes out drinking or clubbing on the weekends is too busy to care.

And those are the types of people that make up the vast majority of the American population. Very few people are wage slaves and I'd be willing to bet than the only significant section of the population that can even claim that term are illegals and even then its by their own choice.

So I'm sorry but no, people are not too busy to care. People simply have their personal gratification higher on their list of priorities than contributing to the betterment of society. And that's ok, that's the human condition. I'm guilty of it as well. I could and should spend my time volunteering but I like enjoying my time off as much as everyone else. But I don't use the excuse that I'm too busy to care. I care and I act. I involve myself in local politics and when my government is doing things I don't like I act. I write letters, make phone calls and have even stopped by the office of my state senator multiple times in the past year.

Why? Because I actually care. I still waste a couple hours playing TF2 but when a new law comes into place that I don't like at the very least I can say that I tried to do something about it. Then I hear people bitch about the state of the country and I have to ask "what have you done about it?" I've seen a lot of people here complaining about invasions of privacy by the government.

What have you done about it?

I've seen people here complaining about animal abuse.

I've seen people here complaining about the war in Iraq.

If people can't say they've at least tried to involve themselves in the problems they bitch about they have no place to bitch.

edit: also, fuck litterbugs.

Last edited:
I don't believe he's moderated one. :o

Bottom line, he's not planning on eliminating the CIA. He just wants it restructured so it's not a huge waste of money, so that it actually does something useful once in a while. The NSA, NRO, ONI, NGA, DIA, CIFA, AF ISR and a number of other agencies can all be incorporated into an agency responsible for centralizing intelligence. I don't know, some kind of...central intelligence agency, if you will.

Here's where it went down:
MR. WALLACE: I know that you used to want to end the FBI. I’m not sure whether you still support that idea, sir.

MR. : No.

MR. WALLACE: Perhaps you can tell us. But if you get rid of the CIA, let alone the FBI, how would President Paul have any idea, any intelligence of what our enemies, foreign and domestic, are up to?

REP. PAUL: Well, you might ask a better question. Before 9/11, we were spending $40 billion a year, and the FBI was producing numerous information about people being trained on airplanes to fly on but not land in, and they totally ignored them. So it’s the inefficiency of the bureaucracy that is the problem. So increasing this with the Department of Homeland Security is spending more money, doesn’t solve the problem. Yes, we have every right in the world to know something about intelligence gathering, but we have to have intelligent people interpreting this information. (Cheers, applause.)

But, you know, just going for increasing presidential powers, as has been discussed, is rather disturbing to me. This whole idea that we’re supposed to sacrifice liberty for security -- we were advised against that. Don’t we remember that when you sacrifice liberty for security, you lose both? That’s what’s happening in this country today. (Cheers, applause.) We have a national ID card on our doorstep. It’s being implemented right now. We have FISA courts, we have warrantless searches, we’ve lost habeas corpus, we’ve had secret prisons around the world, and we have torture going on. (Bell.) That’s un-American, and we need to use the power of the presidency to get it back in order in order to take care of us and protect this country and our liberties.
Okay, so its not the FBI. Its the CIA he wants to get rid of. Great! :rolleyes:

Here's where it went down:

Okay, so its not the FBI. Its the CIA he wants to get rid of. Great! :rolleyes:

dude, wtf :lol: not only did you not even read my post but you didn't even read the quote you posted

MR. WALLACE: I know that you used to want to end the FBI. I’m not sure whether you still support that idea, sir.

MR. : No.
And then there's:

Yes, we have every right in the world to know something about intelligence gathering, but we have to have intelligent people interpreting this information.
So if you want to repost the part of the quote where he suggests getting rid of the CIA I'd appreciate it. ;)

Who is too busy to care? No one that spends time on this forum is too busy to care. No one that watches a dozen hours of TV each week is too busy to care. No one that that goes out drinking or clubbing on the weekends is too busy to care.

And those are the types of people that make up the vast majority of the American population. Very few people are wage slaves and I'd be willing to bet than the only significant section of the population that can even claim that term are illegals and even then its by their own choice.

So I'm sorry but no, people are not too busy to care. People simply have their personal gratification higher on their list of priorities than contributing to the betterment of society. And that's ok, that's the human condition. I'm guilty of it as well. I could and should spend my time volunteering but I like enjoying my time off as much as everyone else. But I don't use the excuse that I'm too busy to care. I care and I act. I involve myself in local politics and when my government is doing things I don't like I act. I write letters, make phone calls and have even stopped by the office of my state senator multiple times in the past year.

Why? Because I actually care. I still waste a couple hours playing TF2 but when a new law comes into place that I don't like at the very least I can say that I tried to do something about it. Then I hear people bitch about the state of the country and I have to ask "what have you done about it?" I've seen a lot of people here complaining about invasions of privacy by the government.

I've seen people here complaining about animal abuse.

I've seen people here complaining about the war in Iraq.

If people can't say they've at least tried to involve themselves in the problems they bitch about they have no place to bitch.

edit: also, fuck litterbugs.

I'm too busy to read this post.

biden - 48, not going to vote for him due to his approval of Line-Item Veto
clinton - 48, not terribly sure about her
obama - 48, not going to vote for him, not enough experience, hasn't been around
dodd - 41, not going to vote for him due to his opposition of Death Penalty
giuliani - 39, don't like him
edwards - 36, not going to vote for him due to his approval of Line-Item Veto
and the rest are nobody's in my opinion.

I'm registered as an independant, due to not liking either party although I lean towards democrat. Approval of Line-Item Veto is a deal breaker for me. Not negotiable. It isn't right (or consitutional in my book) that the Prez can do that.

Line-item veto is pretty shitty but I still have a hard time understanding why Congress is allowed to attach riders to bills. Equally as heinous. :(

Yes I read your reply. And the question. And neither one actually indicates that he actually said what you believe he said. Chris Wallace made the implication that he wanted to get rid of said agencies and he replied in the negative. He then went on to explain - very clearly - that intelligence gathering is important but that having proper intelligence analysis is also important and that's what our current system is lacking.
Yes, we have every right in the world to know something about intelligence gathering, but we have to have intelligent people interpreting this information.

So again, if you'd care to actually quote the line in which he suggests dismantling either organization that's be swell.

Yes I read your reply. And the question. And neither one actually indicates that he actually said what you believe he said. Chris Wallace made the implication that he wanted to get rid of said agencies and he replied in the negative. He then went on to explain - very clearly - that intelligence gathering is important but that having proper intelligence analysis is also important and that's what our current system is lacking.

So again, if you'd care to actually quote the line in which he suggests dismantling either organization that's be swell.

He only replied no to the FBI. You win tho, I'm too tired to debate today.

Either way, the guy is waaay too far out there to ever even remotely become President.

He only replied no to the FBI. You win tho, I'm too tired to debate today.

Either way, the guy is waaay too far out there to ever even remotely become President.

Indeed, and that's what makes me sad. People think that running our government by the very document that formed it, the very document that gives our government its authority, is "out there".

When the revolution comes I hope someone keeps a copy of the Constitution because in half a century most won't even know what it is. :(

Indeed, and that's what makes me sad. People think that running our government by the very document that formed it, the very document that gives our government its authority, is "out there".

When the revolution comes I hope someone keeps a copy of the Constitution because in half a century most won't even know what it is. :(

Apparently, you can build an entire draconian government out of two words: interstate commerce. :hs:

I cannot believe I'm the only Ron Paul supporter on this board. :omy:

I don't believe the libertarian party completely agrees with all of my view points sir. Besides dismantling the government absolutely scares me

besides being pro personal freedoms, I'm also pro universal health care, for abolishing the private education system (get rid of charter and parochial schools), I'd say what I stand for is the most unattainable stance in America.

Last edited:

Do you ever get tired from all the knee-jerking? :fly:

Apparently, you can build an entire draconian government out of two words: interstate commerce. :hs:

Wickard v Filburn :lol: don't you just love how taking yourself out of the market affects interstate commerce enough to justify their involvement? :fly:

I don't believe the libertarian party completely agrees with all of my view points sir. Besides dismantling the government absolutely scares me

besides being pro personal freedoms, I'm also pro universal health care, for abolishing the private education system (get rid of charter and parochial schools), I'd say what I stand for is the most unattainable stance in America.
No one's suggesting dismantling the government :o simply that smaller government is better because it's easier to control. It's a lot easier to bug your governor and state senators about shit than it is to bug the president and congress critters.

Universal health care will take our already sketchy system and utterly ruin it. :(

And private education is superior to public education in almost all forms. :cool: Why do you hate children? :fly:

Do you ever get tired from all the knee-jerking? :fly:
No, I have one of those little rubber reflex tester thingies on hand at all times.:D