Where is Zen???

ur much more maternal than the rest of us though, thorny.. :heart:

oh bah. that has nothing to do with it. i'm no better than anyone else, and i don't see how it's hard to refrain from hurting others.

bottom line, if i know something personal about someone else, i consider it privileged information. at the end of the day, unless it's personal and involves me directly, it's none of my business.

picture.php

okay you must have a type of university education to phd level noone else has experienced since the greeks started the whole shebang

this is how it works in the entirety of the US. undergrad, master/phd for graduate work. all of those require classes of some sort. i don't know of a single phd grad student who hasn't had to take classes. those aren't even what i'd consider training and clearance to work on my stuff. that's a separate and sticky issue altogether.

this is how it works in the entirety of the US. undergrad, master/phd for graduate work. all of those require classes of some sort. i don't know of a single phd grad student who hasn't had to take classes. those aren't even what i'd consider training and clearance to work on my stuff. that's a separate and sticky issue altogether.

i don't know a single phd student in any discipline that has had classes at queens, oxford, cantab, ucl.. anywhere infact.

so that's kinda funny

going against the whole suggestion that PhD is doctoral by personal research isn't how it works anywhere petal

going against the whole suggestion that PhD is doctoral by personal research isn't how it works anywhere petal

I thought it was a mix of the two. Classes, research, thesis, etc. Okay, thats three, but /shrug.

I'm pretty sure, based on talkign to my Radiation Oncologists, that the school part is a 3 part deal, and that some internship is then involved either during or at the end of the PHD program to become certified and acredited.

Last edited: