Hawt What your favorite "BIFL" item

My Leatherman multi-tool.
And my Victorinox Swiss army knife.

Had a buck knife assisted opening pocket knife, had that thing for years and finally lost it
Just bought a kershaw assisted opening knife, maybe I can hang on to that one for a while
Im amazed at how many people dont carry a pocket knife

I need myself a skil-brand worm drive saw.
I haven't used a worm drive saw, but on the circular saw front, a saw is pretty much a saw until you start dipping down into the homeowner shit like Black and Decker.

My Hitachi C7BMR is just as good as my dad's DeWalt with the side-mount motor.

I haven't used a worm drive saw, but on the circular saw front, a saw is pretty much a saw until you start dipping down into the homeowner shit like Black and Decker.

the worm drive ones have a centrifugal force thing going on that keeps them straight. Theyre great framing saw, or ripping saws. very "steady" in addition to being powerful.

Id far prefer to cut everything on the tablesaw, but it gets awkward sometimes with sheet goods.

Had a buck knife assisted opening pocket knife, had that thing for years and finally lost it
Just bought a kershaw assisted opening knife, maybe I can hang on to that one for a while

People who travel a lot, or people where anything over 1.5 inches, with a sharp point, is illegal (aka, my work). Dumbest thing ever.

I carry a gerber splice because its the only thing with a tiny enough blade: http://www.gerbergear.com/Multi-Tools/Butterfly-Opening/Splice-Pocket-Tool_31-000013

I honestly don't have anything I've had for life. I've moved around far to much in life to keep things for too long.

• Gravy
Reactions: plot
I need myself a skil-brand worm drive saw.

I'd love a good wormdrive. Mine's the regular, standard style. I'm just used to it I guess. Whatever else I got would feel inferior even if it wasn't. Like it would take 20 years of use and abuse before I'd feel like, "OK, I got another good one".

I don't want to be left wondering until I'm 64. Lol.

The cent. force thing Domon mentions is real. When you push them they want to straighten out instead of wander/curve off. Not to mention being able to easily, directly see the blade on the line.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon and Jehannum
I have a pretty small-ish folding buck knife that I keep in my purse and have thus far managed not to get taken from me in the 12 years I've had it.

IGQk0HU.gif

this lil bb

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
when i was a dumbass and cut off my damn finger, it was with an auto folder. Even seeing that image still make me a tad uncomfortable.

when i was a dumbass and cut off my damn finger, it was with an auto folder. Even seeing that image still make me a tad uncomfortable.
nothing about mine is automatic, it's a regular old lockback folding knife you gotta open/close yourself, it's just the cutout makes it easy enough to open one-handed

i've carried an assisted opening kershaw leek for probably 10 years now, thing has been solid. i even bought an extra on sale one time but it's lost in a drawer somewhere and probably will be until i finally lose this one. i removed the little safety lock thing on it.

my favorite knife i'll have for life is a neck knife for camping, but it was forged and hand made for me by a buddy that does that as a little hobby. he owns a forge in wisconsin, its pretty badass.

this is a tough question. all of my lifetime items are either tools or guns. my scuba and camping equipment have very long lifespans, but everything of that nature wears out eventually. anything electronic is temporary, any furniture is largely disposable, and anything sentimental i'll keep forever was given to me. my favorite sentimental item is a painting my grandma did in the later years of her life.