Hawt What your favorite "BIFL" item

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
Marklar
₥55,032
BIFL = buy it for life. Something you've had for years and years and its just awesome.

I have beat the absolute shit out of my knipex pliers, and they work better than any other set of pliers ive ever had.

0Gzz9PA.jpg

Most of my horse tack is BIFL. I also spent a small fortune on two Sears (might be craftsman) 100' outdoor hoses that have a lifetime guaranty. 12yrs of abuse & still function flawlessly. Hell, I've now spent more on replacing hose carriers than the hoses.

I tend to buy all my tools with that in mind (either that or the "buy once, cry once" mantra).

My favorite tool is my craftsman engineer hammer, which is a 3 pound sledge head on a 15" fiberglass handle.

So, I guess that my favorite BIFL item is my engineer hammer, because something gets the ever-loving shit engineered out of it every time I use it.

In tools, I do have a pair of real Channel-Lock brand channel-locks, Milwaukee brand Sawz-all, Skilsaw brand skilsaw, and Klein brand Klein's, that are all decades old and still reliable. I'd consider those BIFL's, or as close as you're gonna get. Their durability is quite noticeably superior to run-of-the-mill brands of the same stuff.

There's a reason their names became nouns.

In tools, I do have a pair of real Channel-Lock brand channel-locks, Milwaukee brand Sawz-all, Skilsaw brand skilsaw, and Klein brand Klein's, that are all decades old and still reliable. I'd consider those BIFL's, or as close as you're gonna get. Their durability is quite noticeably superior to run-of-the-mill brands of the same stuff.

There's a reason their names became nouns.

I need myself a skil-brand worm drive saw.