What would make this forum more exciting?

BigDov said:
Seems like this place goes in waves..... for a while after it was open for business it was busy, then it kinda slowed down, a couple months later it was busy again, then slowed, etc. I think we're in a slowed down phase right now.
When one of the top 5 posters is gone for a week or so, it makes the place slow down a bit too :fly:

I don't know how forums can ever be exciting. It's a place where people come to type messages to each other. I mean, is text exciting? Does one's pulse race at the prospect of reading a book? Mine doesn't.

But maybe if we could get some midgets in here. That way we'd know that the message we're reading was typed by a midget, and in a way that's wacky.

BigDov said:
I knew that, but I guess there's not any Jane's Addiction fans here besides you and me?

I still have a tshirt from their first cd, XXX, that I bought in 1988 :fly:

BigDov said:
What the hell?? It's not Friday.... is this some sort of work-sanctioned activity, or are you just playing hooky?
Nope, I was at the office at 5:50am this morning which means 2:00pm CST fulfills my 8 hour requirement. ;) It's pretty neat until you pass out at 8pm. :fly:

zengirl said:
Nope, I was at the office at 5:50am this morning which means 2:00pm CST fulfills my 8 hour requirement. ;) It's pretty neat until you pass out at 8pm. :fly:

LOL yeah, I used to be on that schedule when I was in my early 20's. It was nice having all afternoon to screw off and have fun, but man oh man do you get tired early :lol:

BigDov said:
LOL yeah, I used to be on that schedule when I was in my early 20's. It was nice having all afternoon to screw off and have fun, but man oh man do you get tired early :lol:
Ryan's been working this schedule for the past 3 -4 months, and i was working 10-6, he'd leave for work at 5am, I'd get up at 8... then I'd get home at 6:30-7pm and he'd go to bed at 8 so we never saw each other. I'm going to try to do this most of the summer so we can have more time to spend together... so far it's pretty nice, just have to get used to the change is all.

zengirl said:
Ryan's been working this schedule for the past 3 -4 months, and i was working 10-6, he'd leave for work at 5am, I'd get up at 8... then I'd get home at 6:30-7pm and he'd go to bed at 8 so we never saw each other. I'm going to try to do this most of the summer so we can have more time to spend together... so far it's pretty nice, just have to get used to the change is all.

Oh dang.... that would really suck! It's nice that you have the flexibility to shift your work schedule around a bit though. What happens at the end of summer? You go back to your old shift and he stays on his?

BigDov said:
Oh dang.... that would really suck! It's nice that you have the flexibility to shift your work schedule around a bit though. What happens at the end of summer? You go back to your old shift and he stays on his?
Pretty much. By that time I might try to work 4 10 hour days instead of 5 8 hour days.

zengirl said:
Pretty much. By that time I might try to work 4 10 hour days instead of 5 8 hour days.

Even better!!! 4 10's is soooo nice; I did that all last summer and LOVED having 3 day weekends every week :D

What about working from home?? Is that an option for you?

BigDov said:
Even better!!! 4 10's is soooo nice; I did that all last summer and LOVED having 3 day weekends every week :D

What about working from home?? Is that an option for you?
:lol: everytime I call in sick to work.