WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING NINTENDO?

Coqui said:
You're kidding me right? At least anyone could use GameCube's controllers. You didn't have to buy specialized ones like the X-Box

I LOVE the Xbox controller (the original huge one). It's big and comfortable. A controller should feel like there's some substance to it, not a flimsly little thing that feel like the buttons are going to break.

The spring-loaded buttons were cool as a trigegr on the light gun, but I don't want them on a current console controller. And the button layout on the right just sucks ass.

I'm really skeptical about its ability to work well in FPS games. We've got a 10 year old (probably less) gyro mouse that we use in the boardroom, that works on the exact same concept, so I've used it before. Nintendo has innovated before, and I think lots of people will like the controller, but I don't think it's something I'll enjoy.

Fat Burger said:
I LOVE the Xbox controller (the original huge one). It's big and comfortable. A controller should feel like there's some substance to it, not a flimsly little thing that feel like the buttons are going to break.

The spring-loaded buttons were cool as a trigegr on the light gun, but I don't want them on a current console controller. And the button layout on the right just sucks ass.

I said anyone. Not everyone could use the controllers. They were a good size for me as well. However my wife couldn't play any games.

Fat Burger said:
I'm really skeptical about its ability to work well in FPS games. We've got a 10 year old (probably less) gyro mouse that we use in the boardroom, that works on the exact same concept, so I've used it before. Nintendo has innovated before, and I think lots of people will like the controller, but I don't think it's something I'll enjoy.

Things have improved in 10 years ;) And it's possible that that portion would be affected by the laser interface (the aiming reticle that is) Who knows

Coqui said:
Things have improved in 10 years ;) And it's possible that that portion would be affected by the laser interface (the aiming reticle that is) Who knows

Oh I know, I'm saying that I don't think the concept would be somethind I'd want for FTP games. I could be wrong once I play it, but I have a hard time believing it.

I just watched the video, and even though I know it's all marketing BS, it does make me very interested in how this controller will be implemented in games. It is a very interesting concept, and will likely be either really great or really bad, it's all in the hands of game designers.

Fat Burger said:
Oh I know, I'm saying that I don't think the concept would be somethind I'd want for FTP games. I could be wrong once I play it, but I have a hard time believing it.

I just watched the video, and even though I know it's all marketing BS, it does make me very interested in how this controller will be implemented in games. It is a very interesting concept, and will likely be either really great or really bad, it's all in the hands of game designers.

That I'll agree with. This will make or break the company

Gamespot has the entire presentation by Shigeru Miyamoto on the Revolution controller.

It actually makes me feel better about it.

theacoustician said:
Gamespot has the entire presentation by Shigeru Miyamoto on the Revolution controller.

It actually makes me feel better about it.
glad you're catching up to the rest of us.

it'll be a good thing.

I bet you body motion plays a factor in U.S. sales, I know that sounds insane, but think about it:

Crazy body motions and gyrations and shit are common in Japan (can you say DDR?) - but over here in the U.S., where body image and looking cool is everything, adults will be turned off by the childish antics that need to be done to perform some these controller options

elpmis said:
glad you're catching up to the rest of us.

it'll be a good thing.
When the president of Square declaired it "genius" and confirmed that they would defintately develop for it, I calmed down.

theacoustician said:
When the president of Square declaired it "genius" and confirmed that they would defintately develop for it, I calmed down.
whoa where did that happen?

link?