what kind of security do you have at your house/apt?

Penis Envy

Giant Member
Sep 2, 2005
Orlando
Marklar
₥486
Seeing as i'm pursuing a lawsuit against the ex since she keyed my car, i decided video surveillance of my home and parking lot were in order..

I ordered 2 night vision/color cameras with DVR card and software and i have a dedicated server for them.. I figure this should be enough..

But once an obsession starts, you tend to run with it... so what kind of security do you have at your place and do you think its enough?

What if your situation lead you to believe that your possessions were in danger from psychotic people? Would you upgrade??

i guess i'm not sure if i'm over reacting or investing 200 dollars in protection..

Tell me about your security system..

I don't keep anything around worth stealing when I'm not at home. When I am home I figure the only thing worth protecting is my wife and myself so I have this handy little device available. (caliber = .40 S&W)

sp2340-large.jpg

although i suppose a gun would make sense, but what about when im sleeping, or if they do something to my car. A gun can't record these things.

So, yeah great fine and dandy, but i'm not overly worried about her dad or brother coming over here to kick my ass, thats completely retarded but not something i put them past.

I dont like guns, if a gun is around the idea is that you could use it and i dont want that on my conscious

ERage said:
I don't keep anything around worth stealing when I'm not at home. When I am home I figure the only thing worth protecting is my wife and myself so I have this handy little device available. (caliber = .40 S&W)

sp2340-large.jpg
A mid-size? seriously, classic full frame is the only way to roll unless you're a little guy:

p226-large.jpg

But I have a:

pcwa2s20.jpg

and several other WWII era ones, I just dont see myself shooting people in the recent future so my closet is probably a better choice:

item-ls05-yb605.jpg

i live in a small town. all i have to do is call the police and tell them a black man is walking down my street and within 30 seconds there will be three squad cars, a motorcycle and two fire engines on the front lawn.

A mid-size? seriously, classic full frame is the only way to roll unless you're a little guy

I'm far from little...skinny but not small. (6'4")

This is a gun that I can shoot well plus my wife can manage it well. It is light and pretty easy to use with relatively low recoil; all in all a good fit for her. Others could argue that it is a good gun for concealed carry but that would be false for me...I have no need to do that.

pa, I think you are right with your chosen surveillance equipment. I think cameras would be my choice as well. Good luck, it sucks to have to worry about your possessions this much.

FlamingGlory said:
A mid-size? seriously, classic full frame is the only way to roll unless you're a little guy:

p226-large.jpg

But I have a:

pcwa2s20.jpg

and several other WWII era ones, I just dont see myself shooting people in the recent future so my closet is probably a better choice:

item-ls05-yb605.jpg

what if his wife was alone and needed to use the gun?

Drool-Boy said:
Guns.
Lots of guns.

I only have one, but all I really worry about is my well being, not my stuff. I feel extremely vulnerable alone in my house w/out my gun, and depending on the situation I have license to carry concealed. Video survelance would make me paranoid, I'd constantly watch it.