what kind of security do you have at your house/apt?

KNYTE said:
1) German made
2) Happy switch
3) *
4) Profit

Total cost for that weapon will be around $3,000-$5,000. You would drop that much on a TV without batting an eyelash.
Happy switch = full auto?

While I probably will end up spending that on a TV, anyone who knows me that I wouldn't be doing so "without batting an eyelash". I mean, if you really want it, that's cool and all. But, considering the limitations on using it, I don't get it. At least with a TV, I don't need a license to watch it, can do it whenever, and don't need to go to a special place to view it. I just want to get an idea of what makes that gun worth it to you.

theacoustician said:
Happy switch = full auto?

While I probably will end up spending that on a TV, anyone who knows me that I wouldn't be doing so "without batting an eyelash". I mean, if you really want it, that's cool and all. But, considering the limitations on using it, I don't get it. At least with a TV, I don't need a license to watch it, can do it whenever, and don't need to go to a special place to view it. I just want to get an idea of what makes that gun worth it to you.

It's comparable to any hobby really. If you're WAW you get a Z06, Fly could easily spend a ton of money on kick-butt computer rig, and Sarcasmo could buy...whatever it is the hell Sarcasmo spends money on that would be high-end.

There's an extremely high likelyhood that I will never actually own a REAL MP5, but it's one of those things someone into guns lusts after. It's the pinnacle of all firearms (in it's class), the thing every gun owner wishes they had.

And yes, happy switch = full auto or three round burst depending on what your weapon offers.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I've seen well used ones as low as $7500, and $15k for one completely new from the factory in that swanky concealment suitcase

"Why yes officer this is simply my laptop bag. :shifty: "

KNYTE said:
It's comparable to any hobby really. If you're WAW you get a Z06, Fly could easily spend a ton of money on kick-butt computer rig, and Sarcasmo could buy...whatever it is the hell Sarcasmo spends money on that would be high-end.

There's an extremely high likelyhood that I will never actually own a REAL MP5, but it's one of those things someone into guns lusts after. It's the pinnacle of all firearms (in it's class), the thing every gun owner wishes they had.

And yes, happy switch = full auto or three round burst depending on what your weapon offers.

"Why yes officer this is simply my laptop bag. :shifty: "
Fair enough then.

KNYTE said:
Depends on which gun nut you ask :p

Personally, I want an FN-Minimi or MAG58 :drool:

Something belt-fed in 7.62x54R would make a close third

ChikkenNoodul said:
Depends on which gun nut you ask :p

Personally, I want an FN-Minimi or MAG58 :drool:

Something belt-fed in 7.62x54R would make a close third

The FN PS90's are on back order through March of 06. I hope to get one of those in the next couple of years (fer realz). :drool:

Last edited:
KNYTE said:
1) German made
2) Happy switch
3) *
4) Profit

Total cost for that weapon will be around $3,000-$5,000. You would drop that much on a TV without batting an eyelash.

You're looking at a lot more than 3k-5k if you want a happy switch. My dad and I collect CIII stuff and even our cheapest C3 (Mk760 9mm) is more than 5k.

But I fully respect the desire. We have an MP5A3, HK33A2, and sold a G3A2 from the HK line in the collection now. Looking to sell the 33 and get a 53 in its' place.

And now that Beta C-Mags are avail again...weeeeee :D

ChikkenNoodul said:
They've always been available, just pricey :p

Actually, the .223 AR ones are only about $100 less than they were before the '94 CB expired

True - they'd been available, just too much for me to mentally/financially justify.

Now that the price has dropped though....

And KNYTE- watch "Mail Call" this week or next week for the Gunny's trip to the Knob Creek Shoot. I hear it will be a hoot. I've attended KCR in the past and had a hell of a good time.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Ahahahahahahahahaha......

You told her how much those cost right? :lol:

You're better off becoming a Class II manufacturer, then you can mill your own

Yes I'm aware how much they cost. That's the year I'll be getting my 5-6K camera. :D

I have an alarm system which keeps me fairly comfortable. I get freaked out sometimes when I;m by myself and think of all of the things I can use in my house as a weapon. I don't like the idea of having a gun in the house, but I think that probaby in the next 10 years I will have one locked in a safe in my house.

KNYTE said:
I hope to be adding one of these to my collection in the next couple of weeks.

sealpup.jpg
:lol: that is actually the same knife I carry around... all the time.

JJ Lady said:
I have an alarm system which keeps me fairly comfortable. I get freaked out sometimes when I;m by myself and think of all of the things I can use in my house as a weapon. I don't like the idea of having a gun in the house, but I think that probaby in the next 10 years I will have one locked in a safe in my house.

You will change your mind if I take you to the range one day. You up for it? ;)

SpyderGST said:
True - they'd been available, just too much for me to mentally/financially justify.

Now that the price has dropped though....
Which I find ironic considering your collection of Class III stuff ;) :p

That's okay, I knew a guy who bought a Thompson for well over $10k then balked at paying the $500-700 for at least one 50rd drum :fly: of course, now they're back down to $250 so he ended up lucking out