what decade would you pick

djduquet said:
Before my time a bit, but you know hey, whatever.

I haven't listened to them in over two years since I went to university. Left all of my old CDs and vinyl at home. Should have put that stuff on my HDD as well. Meh, there's always this summer.

:heart: i'm giving you a hard time.

xoblivion said:
I'm talking about hardcore/metalcore shows. It's just like being in the 80's. (I bonr in 82 so what I remember of the 80's I learned from VH1)

I'm sure someone good is comming to Swayze's sometime soon. That shouldn't be to far from you guys, it's off Barret Parkway across from Barns and Noble.

I know it's not your style of music, but you don't have to go in. Just spend 10 minutes in the parkinglot and everything you love from the 80's will be there. The hair, people dressed up like idiots, pimped out cars(and vans droppping off kids), guys wearing sleevless shirts and girl pants, it's good times.

But if you love 80's for real, then there is always 80's night at the Masquerade every week, either Wed or Thurs I can't remember.

yes, i love 80s for real. :lol: it'd be GREAT to go to masquerade sometime, if i can ever make it out for a night with someone. i'd be high all night on the 80s. :D

FlamingGlory said:
Ive been telling her to go see a hardcore/metalcore show for MONTHS. Wont listen :dont:
hey, hey, HEY! that shit you listen to does not qualify as music, nor does it appeal for a SHOW. I'M gonna learn YOU, dearie. :D

(that, and i can't headbang or mosh. it busts me up too much. i'm old.)

Thorn Bird said:
hey, hey, HEY! that shit you listen to does not qualify as music, nor does it appeal for a SHOW. I'M gonna learn YOU, dearie. :D

:eek: Is too music. (I don't mosh much anymore, almost broke my nose. Headbanging= great fun)

LightSleeper said:
:eek: Is too music. (I don't mosh much anymore, almost broke my nose. Headbanging= great fun)

what FG listens to is nothing but some old man growling/screaming into a mike while the band rips whatever godawful sounds they can from their instruments. that's not music. :p

I think I want to have had my 21st birthday somewhere around 1979, so that I could get into wreck diving in the mid-70's and then get paid like a rock star doing commercial diving in the 80's, ride all the early 80's bikes when they were new, drive an Aston Martin blaring Billy Idol on the way to his concert, sink a few hundred grand into Microsoft, Dell, and EMC stock and retire in 1996 with my own private island

Thorn Bird said:
what FG listens to is nothing but some old man growling/screaming into a mike while the band rips whatever godawful sounds they can from their instruments. that's not music. :p
Not all of it is screaming and/or growling. Its all a matter of opinion though.

I really dug the 80's. I had big hair, torn up tight jeans, and I used the word dude waaay too much. Poison/Tesla was probably the first rock concert I went to. Motley Crue was the second.

If I had my choice though, I'd have liked to be a teen during the late 60's. I'd have definately been a hippie and it sounds like an exciting time to have been alive. Either that or I'd like to give the victorian era a try, I like the dresses I'd get to wear :)

eileenbunny said:
I really dug the 80's. I had big hair, torn up tight jeans, and I used the word dude waaay too much. Poison/Tesla was probably the first rock concert I went to. Motley Crue was the second.

If I had my choice though, I'd have liked to be a teen during the late 60's. I'd have definately been a hippie and it sounds like an exciting time to have been alive. Either that or I'd like to give the victorian era a try, I like the dresses I'd get to wear :)

this sounds exactly like me!!! i love the victorian era for the dresses. i feel i'm somewhat of a hippy at heart, though clean, but i love the energy of the 80s. there's honestly something about all decades that's intriguing.

Thorn Bird said:

You can't 'learn' someone something. You can teach them it, however.

FlamingGlory said:
I wouldnt be so sure.

(You also cant 'be sat', but :rolleyes: )
That's what I was always taught. I can remember kids being disciplined for not using correct grammar in class. The way it should be if you ask me, keeping discipline is key. If someone threw a chair at me in Mathmatics class, and I were the teacher, I'd break a fucking ruler over his head.