what cell phone and service do you have?

Penis Envy

Giant Member
Sep 2, 2005
Orlando
Marklar
₥486
i dropped my phone in a puddle sunday and i'm in need of a new one

i currently have the Siemens SL56 slider phone..
i love the phone because of its small size and slider design. I'm not sure of what features i really really need, this one just makes phone calls and text messages, which is ok. But if i can't find anything close to the size and design (slider) i may upgrade to a PDA phone..

i'm with AT&T

what service and phone do you have and any suggestions?

In my experience it's best to go with whoever has the best coverage in your area. In our case that happens to be Verizon, so that's who we're with.

Since you are with ATT they are going to make you go to a Cingular plan period if you buy a phone from them. If you want to keep the same service I would go on ebay and look for a unlocked phone or one thats still programmed to ATT and move your sim over.

we're with cingular, and we love them. i've been with them for 10 years, back when it was bellsouth. we don't have fancy phones, our choosing, but the service is great.

taeric said:
Haven't plans only gotten better, though?

That depends. for instance, ATT around 5 years ago had some insane rate plans to get people to try their digital network which was then known to be inferior to their TDMA network. Not to meantion plans that have features that cingular cannot match such as unlimited data, not wanting to be under the gun to stay for two years and so forth. Theres several legitimate reasons why some people wouldn't want to change their plan

I have Cingular and my wife and I both have a Motorola V180 flip phone under the family plan. The phone is okay...though far from top of the line. It handles calls with decent clarity, does txt messages, speakerphone (which is nice) and all the other basic comm stuff.

Cingular is okay... although in my opinion, all plans with all carriers are overpriced for what they offer. I wish I had bought a better phone, the V180 is funtional but cheaply made.

My advice: Go with Knyte's advice...take the plan with the carrier that has the best coverage in your area. Most major carriers have comparable plans and prices available so coverage is the clincher in my opinion. Then buy a decent phone, don't cheap out like I did ;)

T-Mobile.. great service.

Sony Ericsson T-630 Crappy phone, highly suggest not buying Sony phones.
Samsung I've had good luck with... and Motorola was another one that sucked.

Work gave me a blackberry that uses Cingular so I canceled my phone service. It was with suncom which sucked but unlimited was nice. I always have a great signal with Cingular and no phone bill is great.

Blackberrys are like crack. After you start using one you can never stop.

I have the bobo Nokia 3595 that was the free Cingular phone a few years ago. But I can tell you this: the phone is awesome. It was washed AND dried in my pants pocket. I took it apart and let it dry out. Recharged the battery and it was all good. Tough little phone. My brother-in-law went swimming with the same model and it came out like a champ as well.

FlamingGlory said:
Yes... It Does.

Oh god, you aren't one of those:

-Got along fine without one before they came out, don't need one now.
-Don't want people having a way to continuously get in touch with me.
-Just isn't necessary to own one.

... kind of person are you? Those types drive me insane trying to rectify why cell phones aren't necessary. THEY ARE FUCKING NECESSARY.