Thread What are you wearing boiz?

No judgement. I just dont understand why you wouldn't incorporate warmth into your outfit if you need it.

One of these girls is from Minnesota, she gets judged for what lengths she takes it to. She has two space heaters under her desk and a blanket. It's not that cold, you're from Minnes-oooh-tah. Get over it.

No matter how much I bundle up I’m jus always cold it’s got to do with blood circulation I’m told.

Two women in my office that wear supar fancy shit every day. They walk in looking great, then they get to their desk wrap themselves up in a blanket before sitting down.

I dont get it.
Men typically keep the office at arctic temps.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
WORD! I frequently go out and shovel snow in jeans and a T. Occasionally shirtless if it''s in the 30s. Once you get cranking body heat does just fine. Must be the Scandinavian blood ancestry123 found. #swimmingwiththeiceflows

I used to know some people who would keep their house damn near 80 in the winter "because it's really cold out". Then in the summer they'd have it cranked down to like 65 "because it's really hot out".

So I'm like, "but you're not outside. If 65 was a good temp then it's a good temp now too. Or if 80 was good then it's good now too".

Them: "but it's really cold/hot out".

Me:. "so what. You're not outside, you're in here".

Them:. "you don't get it".

Me:. Face palm.

I stopped associating with them. The disconnect was too great.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and OOD
I used to know some people who would keep their house damn near 80 in the winter "because it's really cold out". Then in the summer they'd have it cranked down to like 65 "because it's really hot out".

So I'm like, "but you're not outside. If 65 was a good temp then it's a good temp now too. Or if 80 was good then it's good now too".

Them: "but it's really cold/hot out".

Me:. "so what. You're not outside, you're in here".

Them:. "you don't get it".

Me:. Face palm.

I stopped associating with them. The disconnect was too great.
My thermostat gets put higher in the summer and lower in the winter. When it's really hot outside it comes on more often. That constant airflow keeps it feeling cooler than it actually is. Everything is relative, Hips. You can't help those other folks if they don't want to be helped.

My thermostat gets put higher in the summer and lower in the winter. When it's really hot outside it comes on more often. That constant airflow keeps it feeling cooler than it actually is. Everything is relative, Hips. You can't help those other folks if they don't want to be helped.

That what I was trying to get them to realize. If you're comfortable at a temp then you're comfortable at that temp.

68 is plenty comfortable and in the winter the furnace doesn't work as hard. You save energy and money.

74 or 5 or even something higher with some airflow is plenty comfortable and in the summer the a/c doesn't work as hard. You save energy and money.

And you're completely comfortable in either case. It's not as if you can't put on a warmer shirt or some pants. Or take them off depending.

These people wanted to be bundled up in blankets in the summer and sitting around in shorts and tank tops in the winter.

Bizarro world.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
That what I was trying to get them to realize. If you're comfortable at a temp then you're comfortable at that temp.

68 is plenty comfortable and in the winter the furnace doesn't work as hard. You save energy and money.

74 or 5 or even something higher with some airflow is plenty comfortable and in the summer the a/c doesn't work as hard. You save energy and money.

And you're completely comfortable in either case. It's not as if you can't put on a warmer shirt or some pants. Or take them off depending.

These people wanted to be bundled up in blankets in the summer and sitting around in shorts and tank tops in the winter.

Bizarro world.
That would be quite a swing but there is the issue of humidity. We have the home temp at 68 in the winter(dropping to 63 at night) but the summer daytime at 74 while home(77 while at worm), ratcheting down to 72 at night so we can sleep/etc without sweating like pigs. We don't have the heat ratchet up in the winter until 9:30 on weekends - an Italian sweating over a hot box ain't THAT sexy. HEH!
*At least I am consistent ;)

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer