What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

I assumed most pyro's wouldn't just keep the flame on to detect cloaked spies. I figure if when the heavy was busy mowing people down, the pyro would just put his flames on his own heavy thus eliminating any back stabbing. Personally I wouldn't make a good pyro in that sense because I'd probably not start throwing flames until I saw the person.

You don't even need to have the flame going full-time, just briefly light up ANYONE that comes near the medic or heavy.

LOTRO is currently the only game I play. And not 'that much'. I've got shit to do. Which is why I still suck at making shit 6 months after launch.

It's just more fun in my opinion to play a constantly evolving gigantic game with other people than a single player game you'll beat in 10 hours and never touch again, or a multiplayer game with tiny maps that never change. I'm on a budget, so it's a question of cost vs. reward. $10/month ain't bad.

Even harder to find a damn medic who knows how to handle a heavy.
seriously. don't premature ejaculate with that uber!
We need to get a TF2 clan going for UF
agreed
I see more smacktards playing Engie than any other class on the game.

Setting sentries to guard the blue spawn in Gravelpit? :thrawn:
it's what I started out with because of the trailer and because I thought it would get me easy kills

I was right but I was still a smacktard and decided to learn other classes better before going back

A medic to heal the heavy and pyro to guard them both close range is an absolutely terrifying and destructive combination.
for real, even moreso when you have a second medic watching the first one's ass :eek:

Going to a friend's Big Family Thanksgiving for the middle part of the day, going to another friend's drop-in-when-you-like-to-drink-wine-and-generally-hang-out thanksgiving after.

My family is far, far away.

it's what I started out with because of the trailer and because I thought it would get me easy kills

I was right but I was still a smacktard and decided to learn other classes better before going back

Engie and Demo are the hardest classes to play well IMO.

Soldiers are still far and away the most all around useful.

Pyros are improperly classed as offense when they are much better suited as a defensive class. A Pyro is one thing all defenses should have. On CP maps he should be patrolling the the sentries and point looking for spies. On CTF he should be sitting on the flag exits. Push maps (ie Dustbowl) he's kind of a mixed bag. On defense he's great at throwing a wrench into a coming attack by running in kamikaze-style and lighting up as many people as possible before he gets killed. On offense he can provide a visibility screen and create mayhem for defenders, but if you're pushing for a point you're much better off going Soldier in my opinion.

for real, even moreso when you have a second medic watching the first one's ass :eek:

They're still horribly vulnerable to a talented sniper though.

Last edited: