What are you doing at work?

Sp`ange

Flaccid Member
Nov 19, 2004
33.745091, -84.390205
www.uselessforums.com
Marklar
₥0
I've been retouching photos for the MLB season. Here's the ones that I've worked on the last two days. I'm almost finished with them, just a few things that I have missed and they will be ready to go.

What have you guys been doing at work? I often wonder since I know fly can't be spending his days just searching for messed up stuff to send to drool.

Before and after

26047c33b4d945d9.jpg
26047c33b4d9a779.jpg

26047c33b4d9ce86.jpg
26047c33b4d9f1ae.jpg

26047c33b4da18b9.jpg
26047c33b4da3fc6.jpg

26047c33b4da66d3.jpg
26047c33b4da89fb.jpg

Lets see...

* wrote a program to inform users when a silent application is being installed
* rewrote the GINA detection batch file for our ZenWorks installation
* created a silent RSA package, with a new silent install process which I also quasi-wrote
* Closed 5 tickets
* Worked on an Outlook 2007 profile corruption issue, when Office 2007 is installed (think I've almost got it

BTW, as a laymen, I can't tell a bit of difference between those pics...

Added improved ACLs to all the dorm switches.

Fixed some bad jacks in a lab.

Activated requested ports in several different places on campus.

Installed new router and switch to bring on line Sunday.

Looked at a burnt out APC and submitted paperwork to replace it.

Working on visio drawings of all network closets.

1. Hit on a hot black chick with big ta-tas
2. Hit on a hot white chick with big ta-tas
3. Thought about big ta-tas.

prepared a bunch of supporting images and documentation to show that certain elements contained in a house design do indeed fit under the definition of the texas vernacular style

updated some pricing info on a condo project website

sat in on the meeting with the subdivision design reviewer, our principal architect and the builder which pertained to the style issue above, took notes which were then passed on to the drafter and graphics people involved in the project.

emailed the client an updated front elevation and details on the outcome of the meeting

read the email trail to get up to speed on the problems we're having obtaining a building permit for a lakehouse and laid out my next couple moves to get things unstalled.

nice dip can removal, but did you ever make jeter look goofy.

why are you editing mlb photos? you work for a baseball card company or something?

1. Hit on a hot black chick with big ta-tas
2. Hit on a hot white chick with big ta-tas
3. Thought about big ta-tas.

you stole my day!

I ran around and fixed various desktop issues between my 2 floors this morning, ordered a bunch of stuff and then my afternoon has been pretty quiet

I met with the owner of another IT firm for a consulting job, and went with him onsite to his customer who owns a large dairy farm. I guess the customer wants to hook up all the heffers and illegals with free wireless internet. :fly:

Then I dropped off my APC UPS back to my colo and hooked it back up to my server. Needed new batteries. Talked shop with the colo owner.

Went on a service call for a business customer of mine, and now back home.

BTW, as a laymen, I can't tell a bit of difference between those pics...

Most people can't tell in a side-by-side comparison, but in the final piece, someone would look at it and know that something was weird. That or they'd look at it and say, "damn, thats good looking." It's a lot of color correction, removal of dirt, grime and other stuff. The original pics had a whole lot of JPEG compression and some a bit out of focus. Now that I am looking at the pics on a monitor that isn't color corrected, they look even closer in color. The biggest thing that you can notice is the red removal in the grays and whites.

Quick rundown:

Beckett - lightened shadow on face, dip can removal, color correction

Jeter - head replacement, color correction, dirt removal

Wright - changed jersey to black (logos and lettering were changed as well), fix mouth so his tongue isn't sticking out, color correction

Peavy - Removed shadow on face, color correction and dirt removal.

nice dip can removal, but did you ever make jeter look goofy.

why are you editing mlb photos? you work for a baseball card company or something?

I work for TBS. Getting all the stuff together for the pre-season advertisements. Almost all Turner Sports, TBS, TNT or TCM print materials cross my desk.

That Jeter head was from another shot of him running. The original head has some bad compression noise so the boss wanted me to use the head that is on there now.

I'm really busy at work. Its a shithole compared to most companies and they never follow business laws, ethics, or procedures so there is always work to be done cleaning up behind idiots.

Anyone need a accounting/payroll professional? Please take me now.

I made a few models this morning and wrote CNC programs for them. I opened my big mouth so I had to work on some vb scripts for da boss, started working on some sql crap and read up on sharepoint and asp for the company intranet which apparently is now my responsibility.