Changed diapers.

Made a snack.

Made Lunch.

Sewed.

Changed diapers.

Went on a walk.

Made a snack.

I'll quit there.

pics look tight spange. impressive. (and having seen jeter around town sans hat, he's got a weird shaped head anyway, you did the best you could, lol)

--teaching a unit on rights.
--volume and coordinate graphing in math
--yelled at a bunch of kids
--author's purpose and perspective in reading
--nap
--stopped by a friend's house to pick up my last bday present, a 4 gig(?) iPod. pretty cool.
--had to go pick up some equipment that wouldn't fit in the truck post-gig saturday night
--yaya's chicken
--watched Michael Clayton movie
--zzzzz..z.zzzzz.z.z.zzzzzzzz got my six hours, ready to do it again.

and unlike beerad, i noticed all the changes you mentioned.. the irony is that I think he was the one who posted "notice the photos" or something a few weeks back of the redneck wedding party.

I just got back from Utah. Yesterday I spent the day catching up on office gossip and politics.

Did some research on re-engineering how we attach VMWare hosts to the SAN

Vmware and SANs are pretty cool. We run tons of VMWARE servers now so we can run 5 or 6 servers per box. We run them all off our SAN. The boss had the Sys Admins remove the local drives and just run them totally from the SAN. I still don't understand why they didn't just leave the drives in.

Last edited:
Vmware and SANs are pretty cool. We run tons of VMWARE servers now so we can run 5 or 6 servers per box. We run them all off our SAN. The boss had the Sys Admins remove the local drives and just run them totally from the SAN. I still don't understand why they didn't just leave the drives in.
Currently ours boot the VMWare host from local drives, but all the guests are 100% located on SAN storage. We'll be booting the VMWare hosts themselves from the SAN on newer blade hardware when it comes in.

It'll basically allow them to plug in a new blade to repair a failed server without having to update anything on the IP or SAN side, boot the new blade from the SAN, then vMotion all the guests back on to the blade.

Replaced the President of my company's computer
Rewriting procedures manual (we've switched to an all Windows network. No more Novell)
Trying to get data off of another pc that is about to die
Counting the days until I go on vacation to celebrate my 15th wedding anniversary

hunting down "misplaced machines" in over 5 buildings.
Staging 9 machines.
rewriting the operational manual for a defunct program.
playing on the PSP...hmmm metal slug anthology.
hunting for psp accessories at the three local gamestops.
babysitting parts.

Configuring another firewall to add to our main cluster
Planning perimeter equipment move for main office with no downtime allowed
Cursing end user stupidity
Hoping for early retirement

In the next 6-8 months, I'll be able to say the same thing. Moving all the file servers now. 2GB an hour and we have 10TB of data. See you in 6 months!

We have such a mixed environment and use Zenworks so that we're stuck with Novell for a while. We're moving to 7 around St. Pats Day.