What are you doing at work?

Guy in my office who's nearing retirement age says "I want to go get a job with low stress, Home Depot - Nails? Aisle five ma'am"

by the time we're old enough for that there will be robotic store employees at lowe's and home depot...your cart will be a knowledgeable employee with telescoping arms to lift heavy shit from the top shelves and then spit out a bill while it wheels itself to your car and deposits everything in it for you

Same with Fly and myself. Both of us collectively have been saving for retirement for 30 something years..

On top of that we won't have any mouths to feed or college tuitions to pay for rugrats...

...WE WILL RETIRE AT 30!!! :eek: If only. :p

What great is that since Fly is ancient he will go first and more for you . . . I kid . . . . I'm not kidding.

by the time we're old enough for that there will be robotic store employees at lowe's and home depot...your cart will be a knowledgeable employee with telescoping arms to lift heavy shit from the top shelves and then spit out a bill while it wheels itself to your car and deposits everything in it for you

I think you're half right. I would bet, due to "safety" concerns, customers would pick and choose their items from terminals at the front of the store and not be able to go into the aisles with the robots. :fly:

I think you're half right. I would bet, due to "safety" concerns, customers would pick and choose their items from terminals at the front of the store and not be able to go into the aisles with the robots. :fly:
if that's the case then it wouldn't be robots and shelves so much as an integrated package picking system with conveyers to send your chosen goods to a packaging machine that boxes up your goods and tags them for pickup.