wewt, smoked a pole this morning

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
reached a milestone working out this morning that I've been looking forward to....55 straight pushups :) dunno why in particular I was looking forward to reaching 55...I guess it's because last time I was working out I topped out at 50 straight

anyone else keeping up with their new years resolution of working out? I've been at it for 2 months now, 5 days a week

I'm going to attempt to deadlift 405 on Monday.
I'm going to attempt to squat 365 on Tuesday
I'm going to attempt to bench 315 next Wed.

All three of these will hopefully be for 8 reps.

None of these were for a new years resolution.

pics of your hot body now manditory for this thread.

Congrats. I am trying to get back in shape. I can't fit into my skirt (kilt) anymore :fly:

I always considered New Year's resolutions as a set up for failure.
ditto, which is why I didn't make any.

However, I just happened to have started going to the gym in mid January. It's been about five weeks now, three times a week. No specific goals, but it'll be nice to look like less of a wimp when I get to put real weights on the bench and incline press. I'm at 100 and 70 respectively right now.

ditto, which is why I didn't make any.

However, I just happened to have started going to the gym in mid January. It's been about five weeks now, three times a week. No specific goals, but it'll be nice to look like less of a wimp when I get to put real weights on the bench and incline press. I'm at 100 and 70 respectively right now.

Just remember, if anyone laughs at you, they probably started lower than you to begin with. (plus if they laugh, they aren't really there to work out)

I used to have a goal to hit 55, but it was hit as in "i'd hit that" and "55" was a girl we always saw in the cafeteria wearing a t-shirt with 55 stretched over massive bazongas.

Just remember, if anyone laughs at you, they probably started lower than you to begin with. (plus if they laugh, they aren't really there to work out)
that's what i keep telling myself. at least the gym i'm at now serves regular people. i used to go to the TCU gym where it was all beautiful university kids. made me feel out of place. Y for life y'all.

I was working more on weight loss. I've lost about 16 pounds since I started in January and my love handles are virtually gone. I have a personal goal of 5-10 pounds more, basically enough to show some abs but its going to take time.

After I finish getting stuff set up again, I'll get back into lifting weights.

I was working more on weight loss. I've lost about 16 pounds since I started in January and my love handles are virtually gone. I have a personal goal of 5-10 pounds more, basically enough to show some abs but its going to take time.

After I finish getting stuff set up again, I'll get back into lifting weights.
i'm not pro by any stretch of the imagination, but i find lifting helps with weight loss.