We're getting a house!

eileenbunny said:
I wish we had less land here. I don't mind the neighbors being 20 feet away. It's the back yard that's too big. All that mowing sucks. I miss condo living.
Can't you find some kid to do it for a fiver?

Galen said:
Can't you find some kid to do it for a fiver?

You know, I imagine I could. The neighbors have a sullen pre-teen ripe for such work. The hell of it is that mowing the weeds every couple of weeks has become a useful part of my workout regimen, as I opted for an entirely man-propelled* lawn mower.

*as opposed to the kind of lawn mower what has some sort of driving mechanism built into it, leaving the human mainly as a steering device.

itburnswhenipee said:
You know, I imagine I could. The neighbors have a sullen pre-teen ripe for such work. The hell of it is that mowing the weeds every couple of weeks has become a useful part of my workout regimen, as I opted for an entirely man-propelled* lawn mower.

*as opposed to the kind of lawn mower what has some sort of driving mechanism built into it, leaving the human mainly as a steering device.
Suppose. In that light it's a workout you can't dodge. Still, who wants to spend a whole afternoon cutting the grass.

Galen said:
Suppose. In that light it's a workout you can't dodge. Still, who wants to spend a whole afternoon cutting the grass.

Well, fortunately for me, it's only a ninety minute affair-- tops. And, unlike jogging, or bicycling or weightlifting, my efforts are towards a definite and measurable, ostensibly useful, end. Not, perhaps, and actually good end, since all the usable topsoil was stripped away in the builders efforts to create a perfect, subdivision hell, but that's a whole other topic, I think.

Galen said:
Congrats of your new move.

How close are the houses? I noticed over there (in the suburbs) houses tend to have fuck all in between them. How much land do you have?
From what we've seen of the houses already built, they actually have a decent amount of space between them (compared to some of the ones I've seen- just 1-2 feet)

Congratulations!_0907.jpg

InnerMuse said:
Congrats! It'll be a while before I'm in the right financial position to buy myself. How many sq. ft?

Edit: Did I just solicit me to myself? sheesh...

I am in no financial position to buy myself but luckily myself takes food stamps :fly:

*Fuxx Burger* said:
You're right- But I think there's something to be said about owning your own home. Maybe it's a pride thing, I donno-
It's definitely a pride thing, and it's great to know that the money you're spending is actually going towards something in the end. My brother and sister each just closed deals on their houses and are very much looking forward to moving in soon. I think my house is the best thing I ever bought.

InnerMuse said:
That sounds roomie. Have you desided on decorations? Any themes you might be going with? To me, that would be the second most exciting thing about homeownership -the first being winning the bid.:heart:
Its not huge, but it's also just the two of us. It's our starter home for the first few years anyway. And as our family grows, we will get a bigger house too.

As for decorating and wahtnot, I have no idea.... We will be completely re doing the livingroom, so I am definetly looking for decorating ideas there. As for our diningroom/kitchen, we kinda have a tuscan theme going... it's not really finished, maily because we live in an apt and can't paint or anything.

One of the bedrooms will be our office, and the other will be a nursery- when the time comes ;) But I've got a million nursery ideas.... :heart:

That's phenomenal news! My parents are putting in a bid on a house soon, as well. Nervewracking stuff! Keep us posted (so to speak) please <3