We need

itburnswhenipee said:
Well, did the houses go up after the airport? If so, what the fuck did those people expect? They bought houses next to the busiest (so I hear) airport in the world.
People would live in London regardless of aircraft or not :p. I am not sure which came first, but Heathrow has been there along time. Those weird planespotters would probably love something like that though.

Galen said:
btw, I'm not your arch-nemesis :(. That was mean of you to say. However, like Wendy in The Shining, you need correcting, and I will be the one to break the mould. Attack! Attack!
I didnt realise that I said anything that needed correcting, or that you were in fact doing it. You think I'm a republican dont you? 0_o

Galen said:
The advantages and disadvantages of summer timetables, the nightcap on flights after 10pm, aldergrove's new routes, Zoom airlines and Continental airlines offering cut-price flights to the US and Canada, the efficiency of ATC in the UK, the efficiency of Heathrow etc. etc.

Airports suck, but I love them.
I just bought a flight on Continental. Hope they dont suck. Zoom only flies out of Toronto.

FlamingGlory said:
I didnt realise that I said anything that needed correcting, or that you were in fact doing it. You think I'm a republican dont you? 0_o
I don't know, it sounded good.
I hear you're a dixiecrat.

FlamingGlory said:
I just bought a flight on Continental. Hope they dont suck. Zoom only flies out of Toronto.
They don't suck, a very good airline.
Zoom fly from lots of Canadian airports, but it's cheap. So if you can get a discount flight to Toronto, you can get here for less.

Where are you flying to with Contin. may I ask?

Galen said:
People would live in London regardless of aircraft or not :p. I am not sure which came first, but Heathrow has been there along time. Those weird planespotters would probably love something like that though.

I've seen planespotters before. They just go around writing down the tail numbers of airplanes. They don't even seem to be enjoying themselves... just going through the motions... you know, like most women I've slept with.

Galen said:
They don't suck, a very good airline.
Zoom fly from lots of Canadian airports, but it's cheap. So if you can get a discount flight to Toronto, you can get here for less.

Where are you flying to with Contin. may I ask?
Why, the only place I ever fly, MANCHESTAH!

More specifically, Syracuse -> Newark -> Manchester -> Nottingham

itburnswhenipee said:
I've seen planespotters before. They just go around writing down the tail numbers of airplanes. They don't even seem to be enjoying themselves... just going through the motions... you know, like most women I've slept with.
ahaha :D
I'll tell you a story. A friend of mine is a certified commercial and private pilot for his own fun. He flew a plane to Sligo just for the hell of it one day to be greeted by a planespotter on the tarmac of the aircraft parking area. The planespotter decided instead of saying hello or the usual greeting, he sprang out and asked "How many hours does this plane have in the air?", to which my friend replied "Err... about 3000..", to which the planespotter replied "Actually, it's 2987 hours" or something similar. After a few seconds staring at this guy, my friend responded in typical Irish fashion. "Fuck aff" and went to the pub.

FlamingGlory said:
Why, the only place I ever fly, MANCHESTAH!

More specifically, Syracuse -> Newark -> Manchester -> Nottingham
Ah, Ringway. You know I was told by a pakistani I wasn't a european in there? No point in arguing with them. Idiots.

And you're going back? Whatever for sah? Nottingham isn't exactly the jewel of Europe.

Galen said:
ahaha :D
I'll tell you a story. A friend of mine is a certified commercial and private pilot for his own fun. He flew a plane to Sligo just for the hell of it one day to be greeted by a planespotter on the tarmac of the aircraft parking area. The planespotter decided instead of saying hello or the usual greeting, he sprang out and asked "How many hours does this plane have in the air?", to which my friend replied "Err... about 3000..", to which the planespotter replied "Actually, it's 2987 hours" or something similar. After a few seconds staring at this guy, my friend responded in typical Irish fashion. "Fuck aff" and went to the pub.

That's beautiful! I imagine trainspotters are even worse. I thought I saw one at a station outside of Rotterdam (can't think of the name of the town), but he just turned out to be a heroin addict... so in a way it kind of works.

Galen said:
Ah, Ringway. You know I was told by a pakistani I wasn't a european in there? No point in arguing with them. Idiots.

And you're going back? Whatever for sah? Nottingham isn't exactly the jewel of Europe.
Been through enough that all I have to interface with is customs anymore. First time was quite a scary experience asking for directions etc.

I'm going to stay with her for two weeks. We made up in March, sorta. It's a downward spiral but there are some nice moments.

itburnswhenipee said:
That's beautiful! I imagine trainspotters are even worse. I thought I saw one at a station outside of Rotterdam (can't think of the name of the town), but he just turned out to be a heroin addict... so in a way it kind of works.
Aye, Rotterdam always struck me as a really seedy place though I've only ever passed through. Not my idea of a fun break.
I'd think trainspotters are much worse. How anyone can derive enjoyment from that is beyond me.

FlamingGlory said:
Been through enough that all I have to interface with is customs anymore. First time was quite a scary experience asking for directions etc.

I'm going to stay with her for two weeks. We made up in March, sorta. It's a downward spiral but there are some nice moments.
As the chink said to me in a country that was not his own, "9/11 man"

It's not my place, but you're better than that sir. You should do some exploring of Europe though. Holland, Germany etc. Great places

Galen said:
As the chink said to me in a country that was not his own, "9/11 man"

It's not my place, but you're better than that sir. You should do some exploring of Europe though. Holland, Germany etc. Great places
Heh, I dont speak much of anything and traveling on your own is quite depressing.

Last time I was on my own I ended up going home with a bunch of strangers. Ended up getting plastered and playing videogames for almost a week straight. Tourism isnt my forte.

FlamingGlory said:
Heh, I dont speak much of anything and traveling on your own is quite depressing.

Last time I was on my own I ended up going home with a bunch of strangers. Ended up getting plastered and playing videogames for almost a week straight. Tourism isnt my forte.
Don't set out to be a tourist. I know guys who have got jobs in bars and clubs etc. in Amsterdam and lived it up for a few months before going back home. You can do the same thing practically anywhere in Europe, but not everywhere is as insane as Amsterdam.

Galen said:
Don't set out to be a tourist. I know guys who have got jobs in bars and clubs etc. in Amsterdam and lived it up for a few months before going back home. You can do the same thing practically anywhere in Europe, but not everywhere is as insane as Amsterdam.
Ah yes. That would be lovely. Just need to work on getting euro paperwork. Fortress europe is not a lie, it's very hard to secure any kind of working permissions, even for americans.

FlamingGlory said:
Ah yes. That would be lovely. Just need to work on getting euro paperwork. Fortress europe is not a lie, it's very hard to secure any kind of working permissions, even for americans.
Once you get it though you have free travel within the eurozone. You can live whereever you like, regardless of which country you obtained the papers from.
The easiest to apply for would be from France or Holland. A work permit should be easy to come by if you are only planning to stay for a summer, they'd be more than happy to give them out. People are put off by the safety restrictions after 9/11 etc. But I'd like to think they've wised to this and should be easy on you. They're commie pinko countries after all.