Was 00 the decade from Hell?

So I was right after all. Shock horror.

*snigger*

Among the scientific community, the evidence shows that no rapid shifts in the pole have occurred during the last 200 million years.[2] True polar wander is known to occur, but only at rates of 1° per million years or less.[3] The last rapid shift in the poles may have occurred 800 million years ago,[4] when the supercontinent Rodinia still existed. This hypothesis is almost always discussed in the context of Earth, but other bodies in the Solar System may have experienced axial reorientation during their existences

No.

I'm willing to bet the 1940's amount to the decade from Hell

I'd say the late 1800s to early 1900s were far worse.

Back then there were no trade unions, no employee protections, no food safety, nothing. If you died at work, then it was "hire in that guy off the street to replace him"

Wages were a joke, its amazing there wasn't more rebellion in the US at that time.

the world is not going to end.

unless it does, in which case there's absolutely nothing you can do to avoid dying.

stop worrying about things that are either inevitable or nonexistent.

I'm becoming an astronaut specifically to avoid this cataclysm. I don't have long to train and acquire an off-world assignment though, so I better get started.