Warning circumstances

Moogle

Flaccid Member
Nov 21, 2006
Marklar
₥0
So a couple months ago I got a warning for going 18 mph over.

The cop asked about my out of town plates and my ridiculously long unpronounceable last name. I also started off the conversation apologizing for if I had parked in a bad spot (not much breakdown lane on a very busy fast highway). I figure it was a combination of showing concern for his well being and being more trouble than it was worth (I did mention that I lived locally despite the plates, (i.e. I could easily show up to a court date)).

I don't go more than 10 over on that road anymore, partially out of thanks for not getting a ticket.

Under what circumstances has anyone else gotten a warning when they didn't expect it?

My sister was going 20 over at one point. The cop pulled us over asked for her license looked at it for a second and replied "your dad is not going to be happy". We were horrified that he knew our dad personally (which shouldn't have surprised us cause everyone in the county knows my dad, it's a small county). He then asked where we were going, we told him shopping, he stated we wouldn't have any money left to go shopping after she got the $100 ticket. Than he told her that if he ever caught her going a mile over the speed limit again he would ticket her and walked away. We were in utter shock.

I've only gotten one warning in my entire life, and it was only because the UHP had bigger fish to fry. Every other time I've been pulled over I've gotten a citation for something. Kiwi used to have to have to factor a monthly ticket cost into our budget. I finally slowed down and started obeying posted limits because it was getting to expensive to drive.

These days I think going over 75 when you're not in the middle of nowhere is pointless and stupid.

I supposedly ran a stop sign when I didn't, but I can see how the cop thought I did as I stopped really far back. There's a bush on the corner and the idiot that lives on the corner always parks a truck on the street out in front of his house instead of in his driveway which is on the other street... so if I pull up to it in my tiny car, yea... ray charles could see more than I could.

So I stopped far back, then when I went a cop was coming around a slight curvey part in the road and thought I had never stopped at the sign at all. He pulled me over on a nice saturday morning before 8AM as I was going to work. He asked me why I ran that stop sign, since I hadn't my response was "what?" along with a puzzled look. He said "what? what? you need a ticket, that's what.".. he then asked the standard where are you coming from (home) where are you going (work) questions along with asking for my drivers liscense and registration. He looked that over, was prepared to give me a ticket, then he asked for my insurance. Well, my car was insured under my dad's name, who alot of the cops know becuase my dad is a prominant business owner in our small town (of about 10k people).

Anyways, second he recognized my dad's name his attitude completely changed. He became went from asshole gonna write me a ticket cop to concerned for my safety cop. Told me about how the week before some kid ran a stopsign and it ended up in a horrible accident and he doesn't wanna see that happen to anyone else and he let me go with a warning.

I would've felt bad for getting out of a ticket becuase of daddy if I actually HAD ran the stop sign... but as it is, meh. Got lucky.

Anyways, second he recognized my dad's name his attitude completely changed. He became went from asshole gonna write me a ticket cop to concerned for my safety cop. Told me about how the week before some kid ran a stopsign and it ended up in a horrible accident and he doesn't wanna see that happen to anyone else and he let me go with a warning.

I would've felt bad for getting out of a ticket becuase of daddy if I actually HAD ran the stop sign... but as it is, meh. Got lucky.

Your case sounds perfectly reasonable, but it reminds me of a kid in highschool, who when pulled over, handed the cop half a pile of papers from his glovebox knowing that the mayor's business card was in the stack, and asked him to help him look for his insurance card. It worked, so it was kinda clever, but still lame that cops are affected by that kinda crap. I hate politics.

i was driving up 400 one day (speed limit's 55 which NO ONE does) and was going 70. out of the corner of my eye i see a motorcycle pull up next to me and then stay with me. i look over, the cop points down towards his odometer, and i wave. he kept going as i dropped my speed. i liked that warning a lot. didn't even have to stop for it.

i was driving up 400 one day (speed limit's 55 which NO ONE does) and was going 70. out of the corner of my eye i see a motorcycle pull up next to me and then stay with me. i look over, the cop points down towards his odometer, and i wave. he kept going as i dropped my speed. i liked that warning a lot. didn't even have to stop for it.
I've had one do that to me too. I assumed he was just ending his shift and wanted to get home.

I never get warnings. My last ticket was for going 4 over the speed limit (29 in a 25). The cop didn't even use a car to pull me over, he clocked me, got out of his car and walked to the street, held up his hand to stop me and then wrote me a ticket. I was a real threat to society. I just went to the court date and it got tossed. What a waste of time.

I never get warnings. My last ticket was for going 4 over the speed limit (29 in a 25). The cop didn't even use a car to pull me over, he clocked me, got out of his car and walked to the street, held up his hand to stop me and then wrote me a ticket. I was a real threat to society. I just went to the court date and it got tossed. What a waste of time.

I'm surprised they even let the cop do that. Normally you have to be going 6-7 over to account for radar inaccuracies and spedometer innaccuracies... which is why court throws them out no problem.

I'm surprised they even let the cop do that. Normally you have to be going 6-7 over to account for radar inaccuracies and spedometer innaccuracies... which is why court throws them out no problem.

yep, it's true. check my post again, i went to court, they tossed the charge out. Just a big waste of time and resources.

My wife got pulled over for speeding (60 in a 40 zone). The cop saw that she was pregnant at the time, asked her if it was her first time, and gave her a warning and told her to slow down.

I was completely and utterly shitfaced one Halloween night. I should not have been driving but in my drunken mind I had to get to the beer store before 2am. As I race down Belcher at 85 mph I finally get to the gas station, step out of my car that is surrounded by cops. I guess we were going so fast it took them a couple minutes to catch up, lol. I am in my Preacher with his Child halloween outfit, one cop laughs, one cop wants to shoot me. They finally just tell my ex to drive and I get out of a dui and jail time for 45 mph over.

I normally for some reason get out of tickets