Variations on a theme (thread): chivalry

I am oddly old fashioned in this area. I am not interested in a guy unless they are chivalrious. I want the doors held, the chairs pulled out. The only thing I feel strongly about is that I don't feel that the financial obligation should be put soley on the man. I don't think that the guy should have to pay for every date.

Chivalry wouldn't be dead if the useless, stupid, disgusting cunts that are modern-day women were worth being chivalrous for.
HEY! Some of us are neither stupid nor disgusting cunts... as for being useless. that's why we're here. :D

I'm all for chivalry...it's classy
That's why I paid for our lunch :heart: J/k, I did that b/c I invited you.
:heart:

High hats, and arrow collars
White spats, and lots of dollars
54745df2a0adbee5.jpg

PUTTIN' ON TH' RITZ!

+rep :heart:

I'm the poor schmuck who ends up holding the door at the mall for like 45 seconds.
i seldom wait that long, not if i get make eye contact with someone before dropping the door on them, but i've been close.

i don't like opening the door in akward situations though. like if she arrives at the door first, and i'm on the right side, and the door swings to the left, at that point she should just grab the door herself, but she always waits.

Yeah, I agree that people definitely interpret it wrong, or however they see fit.

I still offer help/hold doors/etc even if I know most of them won't appreciate it and wouldn't do the same for me. Every once in a while, you find someone that DOES appreciate it, and it makes it worth it.

Also, I've had the whole "be polite and do things for other people" thing forced into me for years. I used to get totally bitched out if I didn't properly address someone I called on the phone "Hello Mrs/Mr. so and so, this is Courtney, may I please speak with so and so? Thank you." :lol: it's actually a sad state of affairs, I don't even think about what I say half the time, it's just an automatic response (i.e. if someone asks how I am, regardless of how I really am I respond "oh, I'm fine thanks, how are you?" when they were probably just saying something in passing as a variation on just "hi" and they probably don't care how I am)
Manners are different :p

I'm... formal in speech and things. People say 'What's up?' and I actually answer :( People are shocked by how I eat in public because, my god, all I remember from my early childhood was being yelled at about table manners. Back straight, no elbows, fork goes in the left hand, spoon is always with the right, soup is lifted away from you, when done cutlery goes in the 6 o'clock position. I cant help it. At all.

The only thing I feel strongly about is that I don't feel that the financial obligation should be put soley on the man. I don't think that the guy should have to pay for every date.

honestly I think whoever initiates the date is the treating party. I ask her to dinner, it's my treat. she asks me to dinner, she's paying. :o

Chivalry is dead because feminism killed it.

Feminism is the idea that women should have the opportunity to do what they wish. I consider myself a feminist but honestly I would probably be a stay at home mom if I had the opportunity, and again I want the knight in shining armour.

So you are wrong. BECAUSE I SAY SO!

Feminism is the idea that women should have the opportunity to do what they wish. I consider myself a feminist but honestly I would probably be a stay at home mom if I had the opportunity, and again I want the knight in shining armour.

So you are wrong. BECAUSE I SAY SO!

feminism was the idea that women should have equal opportunity :p now women no longer want equal treatment in the work place, they just want equal pay and special treatment or the guys end up in sensitivity training. same with affirmative action, it's no longer about pursuing equality as much as making up for the past and giving special treatment to minorities.

oh and women get paid less because they work less. :lol:

Last edited:
feminism was the idea that women should have equal opportunity :p now women no longer want equal treatment in the work place, they just want equal pay and special treatment or the guys end up in sensitivity training. same with affirmative action, it's no longer about pursuing equality as much as making up for the past and giving special treatment to minorities.

What "special treatment" are you talking about?

Last edited:

I need your address. I uh wanna send you a gift.

haha awesome, I love pulling grenade pins

special treatment: the most innocent of comments can spark a sexual harrasment claim, maternity leave, equal pay for less work. they want to continue to be treated like women in the workplace, even when that workplace is full of rude guys that would normally converse with each other in lewd ways. my entire branch of PSS was sent to sensitivity training because one chick didn't like the fact that 20 guys in the warehouse were cracking dirty jokes. instead of her finding another fraking job we had to accomodate her.

address: PO Box 8046 Northfield IL 60093 :heart: I'll send you a copy of this if you include a return address

http://www.amazon.com/Why-Men-Earn-...ef=sr_1_2/104-6927641-4607968?ie=UTF8&s=books

Last edited:
haha awesome, I love pulling grenade pins

special treatment: the most innocent of comments can spark a sexual harrasment claim, maternity leave, equal pay for less work. they want to continue to be treated like women in the workplace, even when that workplace is full of rude guys that would normally converse with each other in lewd ways. my entire branch of PSS was sent to sensitivity training because one chick didn't like the fact that 20 guys in the warehouse were cracking dirty jokes. instead of her finding another fraking job we had to accomodate her.

address: PO Box 8046 Northfield IL 60093 :heart: I'll send you a copy of this if you include a return address

http://www.amazon.com/Why-Men-Earn-...ef=sr_1_2/104-6927641-4607968?ie=UTF8&s=books

Ok maternity leave is because we are bearing the children OF THE WORLD! Men can get paternity leave, at least in my company. So suck it.

So you think its fine and dandy to crack dirty jokes all day at work. Its work its not play. And I am a sick motha fucka, so you know I feel you there brutha but I keep my mouth shut and act like a lady. So SUCK IT.

Ok maternity leave is because we are bearing the children OF THE WORLD! Men can get paternity leave, at least in my company. So suck it.

So you think its fine and dandy to crack dirty jokes all day at work. Its work its not play. And I am a sick motha fucka, so you know I feel you there brutha but I keep my mouth shut and act like a lady. So SUCK IT.
Well no, maternity leave for women is a law. For men it's at the company's discretion.

But that's still special treatment any way you cut it. Whether or not it's justified special treatment it's still special treatment. And your company is not common, not that many will offer paternity leave with the same allowances as maternity leave. The bottom line is that women get paid less on average because they tend to work less on average. This doesn't mean you are working less than the guy in the cubicle next to you but chances are the average woman will put in fewer hours and fewer years with a company as well as be less willing to make sacrifices like extended travel or relocation. Then there's the fact that dangerous jobs naturally get higher pay than normal labor jobs and fewer women are willing to work on oil rigs or private security.

In that job, yes it was fine and dandy to crack dirty jokes all day. It was a bunch of guys in a warehouse, for christ's sake. We frequently yelled out things such as "WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT ORDER FOR TAMPA GENERAL YOU COCKSUCKER?" and that's how we worked. It was guys working like guys until one of the girls from the front decided to spend too much time not doing her job and got offended at the way we talked.

W_A_W told his boss that he knocked a chick up but he really didn't he strategically planned it all so that he could get paternal time off for spring break to date rape the president's daughter.

It's in his journal. I swear.

Perhaps I should squatt in my cube? Then we can have afterbirth sandwhich's in my 1 o'clock meeting. :fly:

Point is that you'd be choosing to have a child and choosing to remain with the company. The company should be allowed to choose someone else to do the job that won't inconvenience them.

I'm not a fan of many labor laws, if hadn't guessed. :p