WTF US Kill Team

This article just proves you should never take photos or take a long a reporter when you commit a crime.

Police officers still carry drop weapons to cover their asses.

Its a thread to support your case on how horrible the US is...

no.

This is just something that I came across on reddit, and it shocked me so much I had to post it. Trust me. There is so much stuff out there that paints the US in a negative light that I could fill the first 3 pages of this forum with anti-american threads.

I read about stuff like this before. From "anon" posters on a site, claiming that they'd witnessed military doing these very things. Many people wanted to know more, but most were in disbelief and called them trolls. Perfect example of "where there's smoke, there's fire."

Fascinating to see it finally brought to the public and thumbs fcking up for Rolling Stone for their efforts in featuring this story.

Also:

Morlock was the kind of bad-news kid who the Army might have passed on. He grew up not far from Sarah Palin in Wasilla, Alaska; his sister hung out with Bristol, and Morlock played hockey against Track.

Morlock posing with an Afghan child. The photos collected by soldiers included many shots of local children, often filed alongside images of bloody casualties. At one point, soldiers in 3rd Platoon talked about throwing candy out of a Stryker vehicle as they drove through a village and shooting the children who came running to pick up the sweets.

637fc64dd4761a4900b62fb7eed8339116395cfc.jpg

They should take those fuckers, strip them naked, and dump them in the town square with the words "I murdered innocent children" written on their body. For some crimes street justice isn't even enough.

This seriously made me cry a bit...the kid was 15. Innocent and farming in a field, all by himself. Not a thing on him that could be construed as a weapon of threat to these assholes.

Morlock and Holmes called to him in Pashto as he walked toward them, ordering him to stop. The boy did as he was told. He stood still.

The soldiers knelt down behind a mud-brick wall. Then Morlock tossed a grenade toward Mudin, using the wall as cover. As the grenade exploded, he and Holmes opened fire, shooting the boy repeatedly at close range with an M4 carbine and a machine gun.

Mudin buckled, went down face first onto the ground. His cap toppled off. A pool of blood congealed by his head.

Morlock was the kind of bad-news kid who the Army might have passed on. He grew up not far from Sarah Palin in Wasilla, Alaska; his sister hung out with Bristol, and Morlock played hockey against Track.

HAHA ALWAYS HAVE TO BRING SARAH PALIN INTO IT. I'M SURE SHE ORDERED THE MURDERZ.

I feel as bad for those soldiers as I do for the murdered civilians. I have no idea what my own tolerance would be after being subjected to quick immersion in a hostile area where I can't identify the enemy. What are the psychological ramifications of that paranoia? Would that lead soldiers to numbness, whereby they can rationalize killing civilians the same as killing Taliban? I have a hard time believing that the entire stryker brigade is just a bunch of immoral racists.

It makes me wonder again just wtf we're doing over there.

I think the whole point of this very story is that these people hunted innocent people, killed them, then treated them like hunting prizes, severing fingers as keepsakes, taking pictures with them, playing with the bodies such as moving their mouths to "pretend as if they're talking."

Even the staff sergeant knew it was suspicious, didn't believe Morlock's story about the kid, out of no where, having a grenade. Does he investigate at all? No. What's his solution as SERGEANT? Pump two more rounds into the boy to "make sure" he's dead.

So, one could argue that this story is about just a few rogue soldiers, but in fact, it's an entire team of all ranks that got off on doing these things. Not to forget as well, but other platoons are rumored to know and do just the same as these guys.

There's fighting a war and there's this.

Last edited: