Ontopic Ukrainian War

I learned that living in Maryland most of my life has made me a traumatized driver. I was in San Fran a few years ago and a friend of mine and I decided to rent a car and drive up to Muir Woods. So I'm driving in this unfamiliar place and my gps is suddenly like "in 800 feet, turn left." I'm in the right lane and there's three lanes and I was like "Well fuck, that's not going to happen." My friend said "Just put on your turn signal and get over." I was like "how will that help?" But he insisted and so I did and then the strangest thing happened...people let me get over. They didn't speed up so I couldn't get in front of them. They didn't honk or drive right next to me, preventing me from moving. They just let me get over. So I did and I expressed my amazement. My friend, who is from Illinois, just sat there like "are you okay?" In that moment I realized that no, I'm not okay. Otherwise I love my state. It's pretty and where I live is an incredible community full of great people.
Could be worse. Wife was at the DMV down here in Florida, home of the F.O.P.s (no, not fraternal order of police) and overheard a woman talking with her mom about possibly giving up her license.
"I can't do that. I have to get around."
"Mom, I can drive you. C'mon, you can't even turn your neck all the way since your accident, how do you check your blindspot to change lanes?"
"Tom told me a trick for that. I put my blinker on, count to 3, then get over."

So, that's what it is like to drive in Florida. We also have @APRIL

If some motherfucker sees my blinker, then decides to blow by me because they can't possibly have another car in front of them, too bad.

And for all the shit "Massholes" get as drivers? We always let people on the highway.
You sure it was a woodchuck that got your fuel line and not some mangled prius you didn't dislodge?

The Ukraine should offer no questions asked citizenship to any Russian soldier that wants it.
They're offering quite a bit more than that...

If some motherfucker sees my blinker, then decides to blow by me because they can't possibly have another car in front of them, too bad.

And for all the shit "Massholes" get as drivers? We always let people on the highway.
Ikr I've never had a problem mergin in NY or MA. MD they take it as a personal insult and don't afraid to hit you with their leased mercedes.

Also Putin is going full on Stalin. Weird why he waited until 2022. Was talking to some random person in Kezan (accidental add on telegram) and she was getting ready to try to go to Khazakstan to get out.

Not that weird, he lost his useful idiot in Trump in 2020.
I think Trump was more straight up idiot than useful but I'm not sure how much the US really plays into it. He already knew we wouldnt do anything after he took Crimea in 2014. I think there are more local things going on than are strictly apparent.

Chechnya was barely a million people vs 50M ukranians.
Im not saying Im not hoping for the best but yeah, they spent almost 10 years beating 1 million chechens. Feeling a 30 year low level conflict in eastern europe sorta vibe. Ukraine basically ends up as a post apocalyptic wasteland and Russia is stuck economically stagnant and half of Asia is basically shut off from the world.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: fly
i heard that ukraine is winning the war??
possibly won. Russia is functionally withdrawing, and focusing on the area they consider already part of russia (donbas), which is landlocked on 3 sides by russia.

I dont think Ukraine is going to let donbas go though, theyre likely going to reclaim territory.