Ontopic UF Trade / Stock Thrad

A high school buddy of mine bought Apple shares like in the late 90s or early 2000s, then sold them before iPhone and iPads became huge hits. Made a little money, but he could have been a millionaire if he had kept them. oooof

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain
So ASO is still labeled as a "buy" by most advisors. Its damn near doubled from when I bought, and as far as I can tell there's no squeeze incoming.
I don't get why its such a strong buy rating. I'm wondering when I'll need to sell.

So ASO is still labeled as a "buy" by most advisors. Its damn near doubled from when I bought, and as far as I can tell there's no squeeze incoming.
I don't get why its such a strong buy rating. I'm wondering when I'll need to sell.
Their business has been seriously suppressed due to the pandemic. I'm thinking they'll have a good quarter or two as people re-engage, then back to biz as usual. So short of the shorting biz, seem that point to sell will be roughly about 6 months from September. I'm assuming the summer is null due to being so unknown. It's sporting stuff - nothing's gonna make it soar crazily other than market games. They got no new tech or such.

Got a couple hundred TRCH yesterday morning, it was up 25% by end. Hope it keeps climbing. I have the week off work, I'm gonna informally try and make $100 a day. Settling periods might ruin it though.

Yes I am small fry. All my stock money is just what I got refunded during covid for our wedding flights.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Hopefully you got out of CLOV. Did some more digging on it and it looks like it is a pump and dump stock for Citadel
Yeah I got some moneys from that before it bottomed out. Short plays are all I have time for. Usually hop on reddit in the AM on a slow day, figure out what's getting pumped and get a hundred or so before I exit. It ain't much but its good learning along the way.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I know it's not cool to keep checking tickers once you sold since you'll just regret the potentials but I find it so affirming to check and know it nosedived not long after selling, shows me I didn't get too greedy.
Be back in the morning to see what play to make. Did buy a random true penny this morning ($0.01), got 10k shares for $100 and I'm up 30 so that's nice percentages. Long may that go up fractionally.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I know it's not cool to keep checking tickers once you sold since you'll just regret the potentials but I find it so affirming to check and know it nosedived not long after selling, shows me I didn't get too greedy.
Be back in the morning to see what play to make. Did buy a random true penny this morning ($0.01), got 10k shares for $100 and I'm up 30 so that's nice percentages. Long may that go up fractionally.
I think it's totally cool - it's not like stalking an ex, which IS uncool. It's good to look at what you did imo. Sometimes I look at my or someone else's stock pick weeks or months later, just to see how it went. I also keep a running list of stocks I want to research, in various niches. I bought about $500 of MYCOF today(psilocybin stuff). Bet I had that note for 6 months. hmm, maybe I was high :)

The pennies are cool - there are thousands of stocks that do 10-50% in 1-5 days and it never makes the financial news because the volume is so low.

Last edited:
I think it's totally cool - it's not like stalking an ex, which IS uncool. It's good to look at what you did imo. Sometimes I look at my or someone else's stock pick weeks or months later, just to see how it went. I also keep a running list of stocks I want to research, in various niches. I bought about $500 of MYCOF today(psilocybin stuff). Bet I had that note for 6 months. hmm, maybe I was high :)

The pennies are cool - there are thousands of stocks that do 10-50% in 1-5 days and it never makes the financial news because the volume is so low.
Yeah I'm buying some more pennies today, all you need is one to come good, 50k shares for $60 or so, it it gets to a penny you're golden. Let's wait and see what the day brings. I seem to be out of my rut this week; everything was stagnant for a while, I cut some bags, kept some just because there's no point selling if it'll go back up in the future and its a long term hold. Just loathe holding some for years but oh well.

Just loathe holding some for years but oh well.
A slow but steady upward trajectory isn't exciting. But neither is this
rock climbing base jumping GIF

HODL isn't bad until it's terrible. :)

Last edited: