Ontopic uber VS taxis

Best question of the thread.
If and when self driving cars are ever approved by the feds, many questions arise as to how taxi fleets will work.

MY main questions are, how many shifts can one expect to get out of a 24 hour automatron before the bucket of bolts becomes a negative returns item?
Even human operated shift cabs have a few hours per day of downtime.

I expect 24/7 operation to take at least 6 months off of the life of the vehicle.

Do Uber and Lyft plan on owning and maintaining fleets of robotic cars?
I seriously doubt it- they don't own any cars now.
Since both organizations exploit their owner operators now, I have no reason to believe either will stop exploiting their owner ops of the robot fleets.

Uber is NEVER meant to get this far.
It's an IPO cash out scheme for Travis Kalanick.
Google his other past failed companies, Kalanick is really a one trick pony- cash in and clear out.
Lyft and gm entered a half billion dollar partnership for a future order of cars about 6 months ago

Physical power plant robots which are cloud navigated are one thing.
Government approval is a bird of a different feather.
Can you honestly say the DOT is going to allow this soon?
They already did, classifying an ai driver as a legitimate driver

Yesterday was a truly great performance.
Grossed $270 doing traditional taxi work, calls stands and flags.
One of the flags was a hotel limo driver who didn't want to drive an executive into the west end ghetto for $15, so I gladly did it.
Turns out the guy was a corporate lawyer and the office in the hood was the Charlotte Bar association.
On the way he flippantly asks "what are you doing at 4:30?"
I kinda try and blow it off, cause. $15 timecall is a loss leader.
Then he drops it.
"I need to go to Durham".
$360.
Total gross $630.

Because Uber Not.

Yesterday was a truly great performance.
Grossed $270 doing traditional taxi work, calls stands and flags.
One of the flags was a hotel limo driver who didn't want to drive an executive into the west end ghetto for $15, so I gladly did it.
Turns out the guy was a corporate lawyer and the office in the hood was the Charlotte Bar association.
On the way he flippantly asks "what are you doing at 4:30?"
I kinda try and blow it off, cause. $15 timecall is a loss leader.
Then he drops it.
"I need to go to Durham".
$360.
Total gross $630.

Because Uber Not.

Do people really get in the car with you, Nukes?

So yesterday morning, I was picked up by Fat Bastard of Uber.
He had to be close to 400 lbs, greasy, dirty, holed up shirt, & his car was absolute filthy. I really had to be somewhere, so I just got in. Plus, it makes me nervous to be all bitchass because these fuckers know where you live n sheat.

Anyhoo, we proceed on with my journey. He has no idea what is going on with his "devices" for GPS, so I said I know where it is, and I will direct you.

Welllll Mr. Bastard wasn't having any of that cuz he HAD to figure out these goddamn devices of his. He actually got mad & said these things have been "shitting on me" all morning. And he's playing with this shit while we're driving down the road! He's completely distracted, slowing down, speeding up, etc.

I'm like annoyed af at this point & thennnn Mr Bastard decides to pull over!

Pull fucking over!

Even after I said that I will tell him where to go!

So, I got really anxious and said I have to really be somewhere!

Then, Bastard Sir gets the show on the road and I arrive.

So, my fare came to over $3.00 more than it should've been because of Sir Bastard's fuckery!

I complained to Uber when I got home. Explained the story & the grossness of this dude's car & himself & "Aripitha" responded with a prompt apology and a $5 credit.

:cool:

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
So yesterday morning, I was picked up by Fat Bastard of Uber.
He had to be close to 400 lbs, greasy, dirty, holed up shirt, & his car was absolute filthy. I really had to be somewhere, so I just got in. Plus, it makes me nervous to be all bitchass because these fuckers know where you live n sheat.

Anyhoo, we proceed on with my journey. He has no idea what is going on with his "devices" for GPS, so I said I know where it is, and I will direct you.

Welllll Mr. Bastard wasn't having any of that cuz he HAD to figure out these goddamn devices of his. He actually got mad & said these things have been "shitting on me" all morning. And he's playing with this shit while we're driving down the road! He's completely distracted, slowing down, speeding up, etc.

I'm like annoyed af at this point & thennnn Mr Bastard decides to pull over!

Pull fucking over!

Even after I said that I will tell him where to go!

So, I got really anxious and said I have to really be somewhere!

Then, Bastard Sir gets the show on the road and I arrive.

So, my fare came to over $3.00 more than it should've been because of Sir Bastard's fuckery!

I complained to Uber when I got home. Explained the story & the grossness of this dude's car & himself & "Aripitha" responded with a prompt apology and a $5 credit.

:cool:
Thanks, Obama!

• Gravy
Reactions: Applesauce
Shhh!
Don't say these things out loud.

One day a friend of mine and I were talking about how easy it is to learn how to make a bomb on the internet.

We heard a voice behind us "DO NOT talk about this." We turned around, it's a huge dude. A civil police.

A year later another friend and I are on subway escalator. I was telling him the story "so dude, we were talking about this and we heard a voice behind us...."

Right at that moment a voice behind us said "DO NOT talk about this." It is another civil police. What are the odds of that? I'm never talking about that in public again, what the fuck.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I think Nukes is behind this.
He has spys everywhere, sabotaging Uber rides. It's a world wide Taxi industry conspiracy.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots