Ontopic TV morality?

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
So I was personally disgusted by this clip, especially how it aired; primetime network TV (the free kind).

Forgoing Britney's shittastic lipsyncing and anemic dancing, the concept of a song about sexual fetishes and celebrating them with burlesque-style corsets is just a bit too inappropriate.

Thoughts? Where should the standards lie? Should the FCC have power to regulate this? Is this an issue of taste or an issue of morality? Should I just be wishing more men in less clothing are on network TV instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
god I love rihanna's thighs

morality/decency/etc are not universal constants

the fcc should have no business regulating this or anything relating to do with subjective opinions on morality. at most they should merely regulate use of the EM spectrum to avoid interference. that they've expanded their power to fining people hundreds of thousands for saying dirty words on radio or showing a nipple for a quarter of a second on tv is retarded. so what if it's prime time? people have the option to change the channel

I think as a society, we are way too prudish. In other countries there's full on nudity in regular commercials all the time. I'm too busy to get offended by a song and performance that would have been shocking in 1950 but is commonplace in today's world. Madonna did this years ago. Actually, I'm too busy finding things I like rather than things to be offended by. And no, I don't an organization as immoral as the government has any business telling me what's moral and what isn't. I'd rather they butt out. I'm not in to censorship at all.

I think as a society, we are way too prudish. In other countries there's full on nudity in regular commercials all the time. I'm too busy to get offended by a song and performance that would have been shocking in 1950 but is commonplace in today's world. Madonna did this years ago. Actually, I'm too busy finding things I like rather than things to be offended by. And no, I don't an organization as immoral as the government has any business telling me what's moral and what isn't. I'd rather they butt out. I'm not in to censorship at all.

I'm with you, lady. we need more butts and boobs, not less.