To Starbucks...

I've got a big container of organic Tanzanian peaberry. Fresh ground every morning and brewed with filtered water. I've got a 32 oz mug I fill up and add 2 sugars. Not enough to make it sweet, just enough to really bring out the flavor of the coffee itself.

If you find yourself too lazy to make coffee in the mornings, do what I did. Buy a combination grinder/brewer and set it up the night before. Set the timer for about 10 minutes before you are normally ready to go and you're set. If you get one with a thermal carafe, the coffee stays hot well into the afternoon, so you can dose yourself all day.

Oh now that I think about it, Galen, have you ever tried Kona Coffee from Hawaii? Not the blend crap, i mean the 100% Kona Coffee? I never had it until I was in a conference in Honlolulu and the facility we were using had 100% Kona available. I was totally addicted to the stuff before I left; and i'm not even a coffee drinker.

There are several brands but they are all pretty good from what I could tell.

COFFEE-MULVADI-9M.JPG

I've only had a blend, but thanks for the rec. I'll certainly keep an eye out for it.

I've got a big container of organic Tanzanian peaberry. Fresh ground every morning and brewed with filtered water. I've got a 32 oz mug I fill up and add 2 sugars. Not enough to make it sweet, just enough to really bring out the flavor of the coffee itself.

If you find yourself too lazy to make coffee in the mornings, do what I did. Buy a combination grinder/brewer and set it up the night before. Set the timer for about 10 minutes before you are normally ready to go and you're set. If you get one with a thermal carafe, the coffee stays hot well into the afternoon, so you can dose yourself all day.

That sounds like a good idea, I'd have to set up a sign too though. My housemates have a fear of items being left on. Only now have they started leaving the wireless router alone..

How do you find the peaberry by the way? Starbucks here are seriously pushing it, but I generally stick to the cinnamon roasts.

That sounds like a good idea, I'd have to set up a sign too though. My housemates have a fear of items being left on. Only now have they started leaving the wireless router alone..

How do you find the peaberry by the way? Starbucks here are seriously pushing it, but I generally stick to the cinnamon roasts.

Well, mine is from here : http://www.traderjoes.com and its more of a medium city roast. As opposed to a normal bean, the flavor is much more concentrated than a regular Arabica bean. If you're going to start grinding your own, its worth it to your wallet to find a farmers market. The price is 1/2 to 1/4 that of Starbucks and most roast fresh on site.

I liked Tim Hortons filter coffee, but I prefer the more bitter taste of Starbucks in the morning, TH's is more of an evening thing..

I actually grind my own usually, but I love the speed and taste of the TH coffeemaker, it can't be beat. I often swing by Tim Horton's on lunch and grab a double-double.

Although I like coffee I dont drink it all that much but now I think I may go get one. Luckily here there is a 3 top coffee maker here so at any time in the day there is at least 2 full pots waiting.

I few weeks ago I found myself dragging ass through my morning. I decided to go ahead and try to find what this coffee thing is all about, since everyone else touts it's wake up and get your ass moving ability. I wasn't too keen on the free stuff in the cafeteria, but by god it did exactly what it was supposed to do. Ever since that fateful day of 12 hour old mudd black bitter hospital coffee, I have been stopping at the gas station on the way to work and getting pumpkin spice cappichino....I do believe I am well on my way to addiction.

I few weeks ago I found myself dragging ass through my morning. I decided to go ahead and try to find what this coffee thing is all about, since everyone else touts it's wake up and get your ass moving ability. I wasn't too keen on the free stuff in the cafeteria, but by god it did exactly what it was supposed to do. Ever since that fateful day of 12 hour old mudd black bitter hospital coffee, I have been stopping at the gas station on the way to work and getting pumpkin spice cappichino....I do believe I am well on my way to addiction.

Jesus... hospital coffee... eugh

Hospital anything eugh...