Ontopic Thoughts on the Russian vs. Ukrainian ordeal

I think this will ultimately boil down into a division of Ukraine. The Eastern Ukrainians seem to have a legitimate fear -- that the right-wing West-Ukrainian powers will persecute them for being Russian loyalists if they come to power.

With top navy officials in Ukraine siding with Russia, and this whole voting map breaking down Ukraine...
jGVMpbQ.jpg

yea... they'll probably get broken up. the blue is pro russian, most of them deeply russian, and the southern penisula is crimea. doubt most of crimea cares russian forces are there, they probably even welcome it.

also, russia's black sea naval HQ is apparently on the crimea penisula, and cheap natural gas is why ukraine agreed to let them have it there. that's why it's so heavily involved in the whole situation.

Last edited:
With top navy officials in Ukraine siding with Russia, and this whole voting map breaking down Ukraine...
https://i.imgur.com/jGVMpbQ.jpg[/MG]

yea... they'll probably get broken up. the blue is pro russian, most of them deeply russian, and the southern penisula is crimea. doubt most of crimea cares russian forces are there, they probably even welcome it.

also, russia's black sea naval HQ is apparently on the crimea penisula, and cheap natural gas is why ukraine agreed to let them have it there. that's why it's so heavily involved in the whole situation.[/QUOTE]Wasnt Crimea independant for like a year after the breakup of the soviet union? I seem to remember it being on the news when I was a kid because they were taking all the guns out of the russian armories.

Wasnt Crimea independant for like a year after the breakup of the soviet union? I seem to remember it being on the news when I was a kid because they were taking all the guns out of the russian armories.

they were part of ukraine after the soviet break, they wanted to break away from ukraine but ultimately stayed but with a lot of independence from the rest of ukraine. the thing is, this whole deal in ukraine with the protests, etc. doesn't revolve around just crimea, it's half of ukraine vs. the other half, with crimea just being the problem penisula it's always been (it has a rich history, the last opposition to the communist party taking over russia after ww1 was beaten/massacre'd in crimea).

the russians just moved into crimea because of their naval base, but i think ultimately half of ukraine will break off.

they were part of ukraine after the soviet break, they wanted to break away from ukraine but ultimately stayed but with a lot of independence from the rest of ukraine. the thing is, this whole deal in ukraine with the protests, etc. doesn't revolve around just crimea, it's half of ukraine vs. the other half, with crimea just being the problem penisula it's always been (it has a rich history, the last opposition to the communist party taking over russia after ww1 was beaten/massacre'd in crimea).

the russians just moved into crimea because of their naval base, but i think ultimately half of ukraine will break off.

And Vlad can always use what he doesn't need as a bargaining chip to ensure he gets what he really wants.

Jesus.... anyone heard what McCain and co are talking about? It is like they want a war

Of course they do. What better way to stop all this talk of cutting military budgets and thus affecting the money the Military Industrial complex rapes out of the US coffers?