Ontopic Thoughts on the new push to basically ban the Confederate Flag

Should the Confederate Flag be removed and banned

• Yes it's a symbol of hate

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No it's just a flag representing Southern pride and history that people take out of context

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
I think almost all of the changes in memory have all been to combat counterfeiting.
sure, I just meant it's not as if we have been using bills that look exactly the same forever, like this is the first ever design change.

sure, I just meant it's not as if we have been using bills that look exactly the same forever, like this is the first ever design change.

I agree I think changing the bills are good but I'm not a fan of going after important historical figures because they way they lived back then when it was deemed acceptable but now it's not. As @Domon said we could probably find something offensive about everyone including their selection of Harriet Tubman. Sometimes we need to just let history be history. On another note while they are changing things then need to get rid of most of the coins.

I agree I think changing the bills are good but I'm not a fan of going after important historical figures because they way they lived back then when it was deemed acceptable but now it's not. As @Domon said we could probably find something offensive about everyone including their selection of Harriet Tubman. Sometimes we need to just let history be history. On another note while they are changing things then need to get rid of most of the coins.
if they change who's on it, somebody's got to go, and as far as who's on there, Jackson was quite the bastard.

I'm not one who was pushing for the change or anything, but it doesn't bug me at all, either.

if they change who's on it, somebody's got to go, and as far as who's on there, Jackson was quite the bastard.

I'm not one who was pushing for the change or anything, but it doesn't bug me at all, either.

Doesn't bug me either on this but I'm not a fan of the recent lets go after people now because of what they did. Even though we've known for hundreds of years we are just now offended.

this.

Pretending it didn't exist, or minimizing it's exposure, means it will be addressed less and less. I think we'd want that stuff to be part of a lifetime conversation so you know how to avoid things that need to be avoided.
you can have that conversation without his face being on the 20

it only started being on there in the 20s, it's not like he's been on there for very long in the history of our currency

Doesn't bug me either on this but I'm not a fan of the recent lets go after people now because of what they did. Even though we've known for hundreds of years we are just now offended.
I think it's been known for a time, but I think it's less that people waited til now to care and more that more people care now than did in the past because our society has progressed, which is a good thing.

I know it's not the argument you're making, but it comes across kind of like "we as a society didn't care before so we're not allowed to now"

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
I think it's been known for a time, but I think it's less that people waited til now to care and more that more people care now than did in the past because our society has progressed, which is a good thing.

I know it's not the argument you're making, but it comes across kind of like "we as a society didn't care before so we're not allowed to now"

Polite put downs claiming not to be put downs. -smh-

watch:

Polite put downs claiming not to be put downs. -smh-

watch:
no. I genuinely don't believe that is what he is trying to say, which is why I said so before I said what it sounded like.

if I think someone is a dick and want to tell them so, I'll say it.

watch:

I know it's not the argument you're making, but it comes across kind of like someone is trying to validate caring superiority now compared to the past.