Ontopic Thoughts on fast food workers strike and pay demand

Thoughts on Fast Food Workers Money Demands

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, it wasnt a filet mignon from the finest wagyu beef you fuckers. But it was a decent cut, from safeway, that tasted ok. Im not picky.

Yes, it wasnt a filet mignon from the finest wagyu beef you fuckers. But it was a decent cut, from safeway, that tasted ok. Im not picky.

Steak? At $1.79/lb? From Safeway? From a cow?

Listen: I'm going to need you to define the word steak-- your language motivators may be malfunctioning.

steak, motherfuckers.

7wazYly.png

how about any of this instead

5hs35VT.png

This was also all sub 2 bucks a lb. Theres some good cuts in there.

how about any of this instead

5hs35VT.png

This was also all sub 2 bucks a lb. Theres some good cuts in there.
Was it quantity based? Cause I can get top round for $1.99 a pound but you have to buy at least 30lbs worth at least twice a month and I can't eat _that_ much.

Was it quantity based? Cause I can get top round for $1.99 a pound but you have to buy at least 30lbs worth at least twice a month and I can't eat _that_ much.

nope. didnt buy a whole side of beef or anything.

Look man, im not saying you can walk into a store any day and buy cheapass steak. You cant. steak is one of the least frequent things to drop below 1.99 a lb.

Chicken and pork happen at least once a week though. And "lesser" chicken cuts like thighs and leg quarter (leg quarters are great, tons of meat), are consistently 1 dollar a lb, often .79 cents.

Chicken breast is always $1.19 here.

Tried thighs, there's practically no meat on them and super greasy, only good for soup stock.

There are only two stores within driving distance (before gas mileage starts to be impractical, 2 gals of gas is almost $8 so you want to try to burn less than that overall per trip which means about an 18 mile radius from house or 3 miles from work). If you burn more gas to get cheaper food you are still spending money. I don't need a lecture on fuel efficient vehicles either, I can't run out and buy one.

Last edited:
Look man, im not saying you can walk into a store any day and buy cheapass steak. You cant. steak is one of the least frequent things to drop below 1.99 a lb.

You might enjoy it more if you braised it with beef stock or wine and some onions.

Chicken breast is always $1.19 here.

Tried thighs, there's practically no meat on them and super greasy, only good for soup stock.

The thigh is the most delicious part of the chicken. What the hell are you buying? Auschwitz chickens?