This kinda scares me

Thank God you don't live in Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen, or Mauritania. :(

What scares me is we have quite a lot of business in SA. In theory I could be asked to work on a customer issue or diagnose an issue there. What would I do? Would I lie about my life and stay secret?

What would I do? Would I lie about my life and stay secret?

Yep. Although it's hard to hide whom you are sometimes. Why, a couple weeks ago i was lifting something way over my head and my boss goes. "that's a rather femme looking watch you have on there..." :fly: He never said anything about it after that though.

What scares me is we have quite a lot of business in SA. In theory I could be asked to work on a customer issue or diagnose an issue there. What would I do? Would I lie about my life and stay secret?

No you would tell everyone and then proudly be executed.

Actually it's a bit different from being black because one simply cannot choose one's race. While I do believe the homosexuality is primarily a biological occurance the jury is still out on whether nature or nurture is the primary factor. Psychologists have been arguing about this for a long time and I'm sure we can all think of examples where someone ended up being gay because of the way that person was raised. So while I respect your position I don't really think it's quite the same league as being discriminated based on skin color.

Still, it's fucking disgusting that people can be put to death for something so trivial. Sometimes I want to nuke back asswards nations like that and get rid of all the other problems associated with them.

Actually it's a bit different from being black because one simply cannot choose one's race. While I do believe the homosexuality is primarily a biological occurance the jury is still out on whether nature or nurture is the primary factor. Psychologists have been arguing about this for a long time and I'm sure we can all think of examples where someone ended up being gay because of the way that person was raised. So while I respect your position I don't really think it's quite the same league as being discriminated based on skin color.

Still, it's fucking disgusting that people can be put to death for something so trivial. Sometimes I want to nuke back asswards nations like that and get rid of all the other problems associated with them.

I don't want to start a debate here but I really don't like your train of thought. It's like saying you choose to be straight and at any given moment you could give up girls and just do guys... oh wait... nm :eek:

I don't want to start a debate here but I really don't like your train of thought. It's like saying you choose to be straight and at any given moment you could give up girls and just do guys... oh wait... nm :eek:

A lot of psychologists and biologists a lot smarter than me have been arguing both positions for a very long time. While the biological influence is apparent and could very well be the reason for 99.9% of homosexuals it can't be denied that raising a child a certain way can have an influence. It's not about just up and choosing to switch sides, it's the classic argument of nature vs nurture.

A lot of psychologists and biologists a lot smarter than me have been arguing both positions for a very long time. While the biological influence is apparent and could very well be the reason for 99.9% of homosexuals it can't be denied that raising a child a certain way can have an influence. It's not about just up and choosing to switch sides, it's the classic argument of nature vs nurture.

You like to argue purely for the sake of argument, don't you?

Actually it's a bit different from being black because one simply cannot choose one's race. While I do believe the homosexuality is primarily a biological occurance the jury is still out on whet... blah blah blah

More important than choice is ease of concealment. Your ethnicity isn't something you can hide. It's not like people have a bank of indicator lights on their foreheads advertising their sexual orientation.

sometimes i can't tell when it's sarcasm with you and when it's simple genmay tardtime.
sorry that was a reflex :heart:

You like to argue purely for the sake of argument, don't you?
just like everyone else :confused: hell freud said we're all gay from the get go and only turn straight during adolescence but he wasn't privy to all the advances in biology shrinks today are :p

More important than choice is ease of concealment. Your ethnicity isn't something you can hide. It's not like people have a bank of indicator lights on their foreheads advertising their sexual orientation.
forgot about that part

I heard this morning about General Pace's comments about gays in the military. What a douchebag...still bugs me that a few dozen Arabic cryptolinguists - probably one of the most crucial positions the military desperately needs today - have been discharged for being gay. What kind of tactician thinks this is a remotely good idea?

:rolleyes: "don't ask, don't tell" was one of the worst things to happen to gay rights in a long time.

Anyone else notice that mostly where it is highly illegal is based around the country that has the biggest AIDs problem?

Before you yell at me "It is a proven fact that it is spread faster through anal intercourse". Doesnt mean man on man but that is there only real way of humpin.

Anyone else notice that mostly where it is highly illegal is based around the country that has the biggest AIDs problem?

Before you yell at me "It is a proven fact that it is spread faster through anal intercourse". Doesnt mean man on man but that is there only real way of humpin.
I didn't know the middle east had the biggest AIDS problem o_O

Sub-saharan Africa has an AIDS epidemic for completely different reasons. You are trying to draw false conclusions. Spain and Russia both have huge AIDS problems, whilst homosexuality is perfectly legal.

The correlation you are trying to draw just isnt there.