This just in: sabrina joins Useless Forums...

I know this isn't exactly a camera, but work just gave me a Canon XL1 for a certain project. 3-CCD video cameras fucking rule.

How the hell do you guys get such clarity/lighting in your shots? I've tried everything I could think of with no luck. Is this all done in post processing?

Last edited:
How the hell do you guys get suck clarity/lighting in your shots? I've tried everything I could think of with no luck. Is this all done in post processing?

It's a combination of factors: the camera / lens you use, the lighting available to you, post processing, the mode you save your images in, etc etc etc....

cameras > video cameras unless you are making home movies.

I've actually been wanting to use my still camera to make a stop-motion type of project with it. Just haven't come up with a good concept yet.

That, umm, somehow related to what you said, kind of.

How the hell do you guys get such clarity/lighting in your shots? I've tried everything I could think of with no luck. Is this all done in post processing?

80% of photography is knowing your lighting, 10% is knowing how to use your camera and gear, and the other 10% is all the art stuff (that isn't in the lighting category.

It's a combination of factors: the camera / lens you use, the lighting available to you, post processing, the mode you save your images in, etc etc etc....

I've tried manipulating all the settings on a Canon 10D with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 USM in both overcast and bright lighting. My shots never look that good.

Here's my last attempt at photography

http://www.imagestation.com/album/a...5&referrer=/album/pictures.html?id=2099783675

You guys put me to shame and I wish I could learn how to do it. I took all the shots except the fireworks and the ones I'm in.

Last edited:
I've actually been wanting to use my still camera to make a stop-motion type of project with it. Just haven't come up with a good concept yet.

That, umm, somehow related to what you said, kind of.

That sounds really cool. Just don't do it cheesy like they did in the 70's :fly: .