This just in: mburz joins Useless Forums...

Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate It one way or another.
All others, enjoy your time off.

mburz said:
Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate It one way or another.
All others, enjoy your time off.

This raises an interesting point: I don't see any of those communists who complain about Christmas being offensive saying a word about getting days off of work because of it. "Christmas" is the only holiday that is officially given off to everyone, so if you don't believe in it, and complain about it being offensive, doesn't that mean you should be working on December 25th (or the associated released day)?

KNYTE said:
This raises an interesting point: I don't see any of those communists who complain about Christmas being offensive saying a word about getting days off of work because of it. "Christmas" is the only holiday that is officially given off to everyone, so if you don't believe in it, and complain about it being offensive, doesn't that mean you should be working on December 25th (or the associated released day)?
I am pretty much agnostic, bordering on atheism, so I could give two shits about the birth of Jesus. That said, I respect traditions. Christmas is a tradition in this country. People need to understand, appreciate, and accept traditions in this nation. Fuckers.

KNYTE said:
I don't see any of those communists who complain about Christmas being offensive saying a word about getting days off of work because of it.

This rises another point... where did you get the idea the communism or the communists are against Xmas, consider it offensive or anything in that direction?
I grew up under communism, I am not a communism myself and nobody in my family was, although some of them were members of the CP, they had to, otherwise their life would have been extremely hard. It's easy to eventually condemn them, but it's something else when you have to deal with the system personally.
Anyway, back to the topic, the communism is not necessarily against religion, it's the people who "implement" or enforce it that are against. I mean, see the red china... not that red anymore, but still.

mburz said:
This rises another point... where did you get the idea the communism or the communists are against Xmas, consider it offensive or anything in that direction?
I grew up under communism, I am not a communism myself and nobody in my family was, although some of them were members of the CP, they had to, otherwise their life would have been extremely hard. It's easy to eventually condemn them, but it's something else when you have to deal with the system personally.
Anyway, back to the topic, the communism is not necessarily against religion, it's the people who "implement" or enforce it that are against. I mean, see the red china... not that red anymore, but still.

communist.gif

mburz said:
Communism and religion are mutually exclusive because religion breeds elitism.

Well, he once was ok, I mean see the Prag Spring, he refused to take part in the actions and confronted the russian leaders upfront, but then he kinda went crazy, paranoid, don't know what really happened, but the results can be seen and felt even today.

mburz said:
Well, he once was ok, I mean see the Prag Spring, he refused to take part in the actions and confronted the russian leaders upfront, but then he kinda went crazy, paranoid, don't know what really happened, but the results can be seen and felt even today.
Did you mention where you live now?

fly said:
dammit. where??? Pics of old europe? :drool:
Aren't we getting too anxious over here, :fly:?

Googling up for pics... these are some decent matches, I'd say ;)
hxtp://www.corriere.it/Media/Foto/2003/03_Marzo/10/GERMANIA.jpg
hxtp://greg.org/images/old-europe-nyc.jpg

These aren't even the best... have a look here

mburz said:
Aren't we getting too anxious over here, :fly:?

Googling up for pics... these are some decent matches, I'd say ;)
hxtp://www.corriere.it/Media/Foto/2003/03_Marzo/10/GERMANIA.jpg
hxtp://greg.org/images/old-europe-nyc.jpg

These aren't even the best... have a look here
how about you use real links next time? Cut + paste = lose

CletusJones said:
how about you use real links next time? Cut + paste = lose

might be lose... but it's better, no referer involved and only the ones who would actually give a x8*x8* will actually copy/paste... of course, the elite *nix freaks will rather type it 'cause it's faster :tard: