This just in: blama joins Useless Forums...

tell us about YOURSELF. who are you, what do you do, what do you like, and eileenbunny will come along with the weird, interesting questions. :)

Me... I work in computers.
got a new baby, like photography

We had an order of about 120 Philips LCDs for an install once.

25 were DOA.

Another 20 - 25 bit it after about a week.

I wouldn't use one now if you gave it to me for free.

Ah. I have a GE, and most my other stuff is Toshiba o_O Looking to branch out here.

So Samsung makes the Sony screens? That is very interesting. I think I would prefer to stick with the name brands, just for the sake of name brands. Something about getting name brand products... It just seems the right choice.

Well, good input, thanks for that. I apologize for the spam, but like I said, it was the current thing on my mind.

hobbies, favorite food, age, gender, political outlook, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, social security number, favorite color, pets?

So Samsung makes the Sony screens? That is very interesting. I think I would prefer to stick with the name brands, just for the sake of name brands. Something about getting name brand products... It just seems the right choice.

Well, they combined forced in making LCDs. Most people consider them Samsung LCDs however because at the moment they joined forces Samsung was basically handing Sony its ass when it came down to production and technology in LCDs

Lets see if I can remember who are with whom.

LG-Philips
Samsung-Sony
Hitachi-Matsushita (Panasonic)-Fujitsu-Toshiba
NEC-Mitsubishi

Sharp still does their stuff alone as well as Corning. Keep in mind that theres a ton of smaller Taiwanese and South Korean companies in the mix too, and recently both Sharp and Sony has started to contract out production to other companies to meet demand. As it stands however if you stick with a semi decent brand its likely to be a Sharp LCD.

Left to do some work....
Tech/Dev
ummm, no don't like rasins...
yes, just wanted to know about tvs
found forum on wasting time
posted what was deemed spam
seeking tv info

And from everything out there, it seems to be Samsung. Agreement?