This just in: blama joins Useless Forums...

B

blama

AUTO GENERATED THREAD

I just activated my account and will be here shortly to answer all questions. Give me something to talk about!

Something to talk about.....

Well, I was annoyed at how people can make so much money off of Google Adsense, so I started this little blog to see if I can supplement the funding for a new tv to replace this old one I have.

It's more of an effort to see if I can have a chain letter make it's way around and having people click on a Google ad....

Here is the page: http://mytvhunt.blogspot.com/

I hope that you joined here for reasons other than pimping the blog. Tell us how you found this place and what made you sign up.

someone mentioned wasting time, and this just happened to come up under a wasting time search.

ya, it's totaly spammy... but it was the firstt hing that time to mind as i was entering "something to talk about"

and since i was currently looking at tv's on cnet it was fresh in my mind still

Here's my actual question then....

What is the best 32" LCD Tv out there? It seems to always come down to Sony, Samsung, and Sharp.

If you have input, do it up.

Why Sharp and not Sony? I have heard the Aquos are cheaply made, but the reviews I have read look pretty good. There also seems to be a fair difference in pricing there.

At 32", is it still ok to go with a cheaper more generic TV, or should you still go with a brand name?

tell us about YOURSELF. who are you, what do you do, what do you like, and eileenbunny will come along with the weird, interesting questions. :)

Why Sharp and not Sony? I have heard the Aquos are cheaply made, but the reviews I have read look pretty good. There also seems to be a fair difference in pricing there.

At 32", is it still ok to go with a cheaper more generic TV, or should you still go with a brand name?
Easy : Sony doesn't make the panels in most of their sets. Most of the panels happen to be made by Samsung. Sony may be ok, but you'll find equal or better quality out there for less $.

If you want a pseudo-generic, go Westinghouse or Syntax. Both are decent, just read up before you buy one so you understand what you're trading off in terms of features, quality, and whatnot to get that cheaper price.