[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make or bought? I've got a pretty good and easy sauce recipe somewheres.
Used this with a fair amount of tweaks to the sauce.

My sister just uses Dad's spaghetti sauce recipe when she does lasagna and I steered away from that because I didn't want Dad's spaghetti in a new form.
Most of the problems were how long I cooked the sauce and the recipe's primary use of dried herbs. Should have known better

Post up your sauce recipes

21080611420210806183210.jpg

Used this with a fair amount of tweaks to the sauce.

My sister just uses Dad's spaghetti sauce recipe when she does lasagna and I steered away from that because I didn't want Dad's spaghetti in a new form.
Most of the problems were how long I cooked the sauce and the recipe's primary use of dried herbs. Should have known better

Post up your sauce recipes
1 #10 can tomato sauce
1 #10 can diced tomatoes
10 small cans of tomato paste
1/2 pound butter
2 green bell peppers, diced
2 white onions, diced
all of the garlic. All of it.
3 lbs mushrooms
2 lbs ground beef
2 lbs ground Italian sausage
2 tbsp salt
4 tsp pepper
4 tsp basil
4 tsp oregano
1 tbsp red chile powder
2 tsp nutmeg

Combine spices (salt, pepper, basil, oregano, chile powder, and nutmeg) with the tomato products in a 16qt stock pot.
Sauté the green bell peppers in 1/4 lb butter with 4 cloves of crushed garlic, and add to the stock pot
Sauté the white onions in 1/4 lb butter with 4 cloves of crushed garlic, and add to the stock pot
brown the beef, crushing it into small bits, and add to the stock pot
brown the sausage (careful, it's easy to burn), and add to the stock pot
slice the mushrooms, add to the pot.

Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms cook down, giving up all their liquids to the sauce.

Freeze leftovers (or divide the recipe above, it makes a bunch) for future good times.

For the sausage, I use this recipe (I always divide it, I'm never going to make 100lb of sausage again):
100 lb pork butt
1 cup ground fennel
1 cup ground Japones chile peppers
1.5 cup salt
.5 cup garlic powder
4 cup bread crumbs

cut boned pork butts into small strips and place in a bus tub
sprinkle 1 kitchen spook of spices over each layer of meat
let stand 12 hours (refrigerate)
Grind or stuff or whatever it is you do with sausage.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
It’s not very big. About 7x10. I’m going to put it in a small frame. Learning cane is next. I need to order some.
"Came" - I know, odd word. Zinc came for edges is fairly easy. Lead came is much trickier to solder - and it needs to be stretched. But lead came is never used for the edges so your good on that.

"Came" - I know, odd word. Zinc came for edges is fairly easy. Lead came is much trickier to solder - and it needs to be stretched. But lead came is never used for the edges so your good on that.
I know it’s came. Autocorrect and I didn’t catch it. I want the stuff I don’t have to stretch, so what am I looking for?

I know it’s came. Autocorrect and I didn’t catch it. I want the stuff I don’t have to stretch, so what am I looking for?
Zinc. It's stiff and solder sticks to it good. You'll need a little jewelers hand saw and a miter box. Like this.
Amazon product ASIN B0000DD1O4
Your glass is 3mm(1/8") thick so you need zinc U-channel came with a 3/16 channel - yes, a hair bigger to get over your glass PLUS foil along the edges.

Lead came is for those fancy windows you see in doors(e.g.), that have super smooth lines that are only solder where they meet another line. Tricky stuff to solder, tricky to cut. Copper foil as you are doing is much more forgiving. Cute piece. And you did a good job orienting the side strips(white-ish) so the lines are all the same way. Cheap stuff from a factory nobody cares - the pattern in the glass CAN be part of the pattern. Positive glassing vibes. :cool:

Suggestion: Don't solder out to the edges before fitting your came on. You piece will have small undulations(as does glass) and you will struggle to get the came over the edge. Tack(light solder) the center of the piece and intersections. Push on the zinc came, solder away including a small dot connecting the came to the solder lines.

Ah - here is what you need. Not saying this is best price . . . I mainly do hot glass now so I don't know where the cool kids shop :)

Zinc. It's stiff and solder sticks to it good. You'll need a little jewelers hand saw and a miter box. Like this.
Amazon product ASIN B0000DD1O4
Your glass is 3mm(1/8") thick so you need zinc U-channel came with a 3/16 channel - yes, a hair bigger to get over your glass PLUS foil along the edges.

Lead came is for those fancy windows you see in doors(e.g.), that have super smooth lines that are only solder where they meet another line. Tricky stuff to solder, tricky to cut. Copper foil as you are doing is much more forgiving. Cute piece. And you did a good job orienting the side strips(white-ish) so the lines are all the same way. Cheap stuff from a factory nobody cares - the pattern in the glass CAN be part of the pattern. Positive glassing vibes. :cool:

Suggestion: Don't solder out to the edges before fitting your came on. You piece will have small undulations(as does glass) and you will struggle to get the came over the edge. Tack(light solder) the center of the piece and intersections. Push on the zinc came, solder away including a small dot connecting the came to the solder lines.
So your post confirmed I was right. I want to learn lead came. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: fly
This is making me crazy too.

You guys all seem like amazing cooks. When you join me later on, please invite me over to your place for dinners.
They're actually not amazing cooks but they do have an eye for food photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.