[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
you never leaned over the vehicle with a zipper or belt buckle or bare skin touching the frame when you're undoing the positive first with a metal wrench?
No. Despite doing vast majority of my own car repairs. I've only had a service person to my house 1 time, ever - due to me being laid up.
I'll remark at this juncture that i am amazed at how often some people injure themseves.
Gotta be tough if ya aing gonnna focus.
Ok, my stuff is at 1650f. I need to go work it. Suppose i should put on pants.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I'm not arguing it - I acknowledged that. But for practical purposes I'm usually not that clumsy for that brief moment in time. I don't mind the work being moderately challenging. I've yet to blow myself up or electrocute myself, despite working with dangerous shit all the time.
"I'm not arguing it, here's another 100 words about why you're wrong".

OK boomer.

• Haha
Reactions: fly and Valve1138
200103641Resized20200103121718.jpg

you never leaned over the vehicle with a zipper or belt buckle or bare skin touching the frame when you're undoing the positive first with a metal wrench?

Countless times and nary even a tickle.

There's a lot of unfounded fear of electricity going on in here.

Just don't grab shit too tight that's downstream of the ignition coil while it's running.

Yes I know you can turn a battery into a welder/superheater/firestarter/bomb, so don't do that.

^ should be "coils", plural, nowadays and some are made so you physically can't grab anything downstream from them.
Also I maybe got a little tickle once in the rain. Seemed about 25% more than sticking a 9v on your tongue. Whoopty do.

Status
Not open for further replies.