[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine it that way.
I think the old timers would boil it into a soup/stew to make the food stretch, and maybe help the flavor? Not just throw it on the grill like a steak.

Soaking in a salt water/baking soda solution overnight gets rid of the gameyness in a lot of other wild things.

I have had smoked raccoon before, also greasy like you describe.

I had a coworker that talked about how great possum belly stew was etc etc

My attitude towards possum is the same as chitterlings. I don’t eat what shit passed through.

almost

191011266IMG20191010191252.jpg

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: wetwillie and APRIL
Raccoons are the brats of the animal world. Keep the water dish far away from the food. We have to bring our food dish in at night to sort of help the problem. They still swing by during the day.... fuckers. I love them, but I hate them.
Water bowl was dirty again tonight when I came home. I cleaned it and moved it to the other side of the barn from the food. I can't really take in the food at night because the feral cat only comes out at night now.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
I had a coworker that talked about how great possum belly stew was etc etc

My attitude towards possum is the same as chitterlings. I don’t eat what shit passed through.

almost

Right, because sausage is so much better encased in "food grade" plastic or whatever that shit is than it is encased in clean small intestine.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I thought it was a rat first time I saw it out of the corner of my eye, he's that smol.

The baby ones are about the size of a rat but they're cute. They get grayer and gnarlier and uglier as they age.

Kinda like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.