things i don't mind paying tax for

I don't see it as private property when it's a 'view'. It's not like planners want to build in peoples front gardens. Plus I think the environmental situation kinda warrents people having to give up just a little of their selfish lifestyles, or maybe we should just all carry on with our NIMBY attitudes and then complain when we're all dying. Awesome!

I didnt mean views precisely. Also the right things for some places, arent the right ones for others.

You build wind farms you ruin cropland, you build hydroelectric damns people cry about the fishes etc. You want everyone to be free but you want to force totalitarian measures on them. Wanting is easy, making it work is the trick.

Yes people cry about the fish. Typical thing for environmentalist is cry about power gen from nuclear etc., so they build a hydro dam, then cry about the impact of the hydro dam etc. You cant have your cake and eat it too. my key board is all fucked up nw :(

Yeah well. If you got lost in the boonies would you rather be with some city slicker tree hugger or the guy who built a road by hand. :p

I think you'll find my 'city slicker tree hugger' friends have build sheds etc by hand with natural materials, straw etc, are good with carpentering, electrics, solar power, window fitting, glass cutting, furniture making etc. etc. Most of them lived in forests for a decade or so for protests :p They know to deal with being lost in 'boonies'

Joe Sixpack* and I have the stuff, certain people keep stealing my tools and I get yelled at when I beat them up. *sigh*

I dont mind paying tax for stuff I see the benefit from either. Im not sure anyone does.

The thing is I get told repeatedly that I dont qualify to benefit from my taxes on account of not being black and signle with 3 kids.
I was unaware there was free tax benefit for being black. I shall look into this. Oh wait. I pay taxes like anyone else. eat a bag of dicks.