There's some damn stupid people out there

Ask the grandparents how they feel about raising their kids' kids. Children are idiots, by definition. They fuck about and then tralala along their daily business while others foot the bill. If turning a blind eye to something as time and money consuming as supporting the children of children is your idea of a responsible society, or common sense for that matter, then you probably shouldn't be a doctor. Physicians should be possessed of wit.

oh another mouthpiece with opinions of my fitness to practice - how novel.

aren't you a single parent? how against society.

oh another mouthpiece with opinions of my fitness to practice - how novel.

aren't you a single parent? how against society.

Well let's see, a person whose occupation is the fitness of others, and yet you apparently see no problem with unfit parents parenting. I guess you aren't aiming to be a pediatrician, so who cares about the kids' welfare?

Logical response about single parents, too. How is that relevant? I financially, physically and emotionally support my own child.

Ask the grandparents how they feel about raising their kids' kids.

Yeah, ask...I think most grandparents would tell you that they've done their time, it's their children's turn now. No matter how much a grandparent may enjoy having the kids around, the kids are not their responsibility-that's what the parents are for.

Well let's see, a person whose occupation is the fitness of others, and yet you apparently see no problem with unfit parents parenting. I guess you aren't aiming to be a pediatrician, so who cares about the kids' welfare?

Logical response about single parents, too. How is that relevant? I financially, physically and emotionally support my own child.

err.. my line of work has nothing to do with my personal opinions. sorry. i focus on practice, not on emotional involvement.

i'm sure plenty of kids can financially, physically and emotionally support their kids too - who are you to judge someone elses parenting? if i were of the old school of med i would say that a child without a mother is doomed. isn't that against society?

no, no, no. here on UF we find it easier to point at other peoples problems, ignoring our own.

err.. my line of work has nothing to do with my personal opinions. sorry. i focus on practice, not on emotional involvement.

i'm sure plenty of kids can financially, physically and emotionally support their kids too - who are you to judge someone elses parenting? if i were of the old school of med i would say that a child without a mother is doomed. isn't that against society?

no, no, no. here on UF we find it easier to point at other peoples problems, ignoring our own.

So you don't view people as people, just wounds as something that need fixing. A bit...mechanical, don't you think? You don't intend to relate to your patients? Meh, nevermind, it's none of my business.

Seriously though, who am I to judge the parenting skills of unemployed 12 and 14 year olds who just figured out what their privates are for? Christ. How PC of you. Absurd.

And my kid has a mother. Who lives 3 miles from me. Both of us were professional adults when he was born, and knew our assholes from holes in the ground. The kids in this story will barely have their heads out of their asses once their own kids are ready to start fucking. But alas, who am I to judge.

and I don't think it's even "judging" as much as it is just know how facking hard life is when you're grown, employed, and happy.

can't imagine being NOT grown, NOT employed, and experiencing teenage angst and trying to parent.

So you don't view people as people, just wounds as something that need fixing. A bit...mechanical, don't you think? You don't intend to relate to your patients? Meh, nevermind, it's none of my business.

Seriously though, who am I to judge the parenting skills of unemployed 12 and 14 year olds who just figured out what their privates are for? Christ. How PC of you. Absurd.

And my kid has a mother. Who lives 3 miles from me. Both of us were professional adults when he was born, and knew our assholes from holes in the ground. The kids in this story will barely have their heads out of their asses once their own kids are ready to start fucking. But alas, who am I to judge.

I just can't bring myself to give a shit about these two kids and their child. If they look after it, fair play. If they don't, big deal?

I'll have kids when I am ready, but I don't decide when other people are ready. Whatever age that happens at, congrats. I hope they make a decent job of it.

I don't think many of us "give a shyt". we're having a conversation.

:hay:

i think the point of the conversation should be to not give a shit, there isn't another viewpoint.

you'd think with all the self-avowed libertarians around here that they'd put their theory into practice. rare in legoland.

I just can't bring myself to give a shit about these two kids and their child. If they look after it, fair play. If they don't, big deal?

I'll have kids when I am ready, but I don't decide when other people are ready. Whatever age that happens at, congrats. I hope they make a decent job of it.

Fair enough. I'm biased because I have a kid who is still pretty young, and naturally I want the best for him. It turns my stomach to imagine him, having had no say in the matter, being tossed about as an inconvenience, which I'm assuming will happen to the kid in the story. But as you say, if they look after it, then fair play. I just hope that's the case. Poor bugger didn't chose its fate.

Fair enough. I'm biased because I have a kid who is still pretty young, and naturally I want the best for him. It turns my stomach to imagine him, having had no say in the matter, being tossed about as an inconvenience, which I'm assuming will happen to the kid in the story. But as you say, if they look after it, then fair play. I just hope that's the case. Poor bugger didn't chose its fate.

Exactly 100% correct.

i think the point of the conversation should be to not give a shit, there isn't another viewpoint.

you'd think with all the self-avowed libertarians around here that they'd put their theory into practice. rare in legoland.

Being apathetic to absurd situations is what cause this nation to get an 8 year long ass fucking.

This world has grown too small for us to just turn a blind eye to bullshit anymore.

Being apathetic to absurd situations is what cause this nation to get an 8 year long ass fucking.

This world has grown too small for us to just turn a blind eye to bullshit anymore.

what a fantastic statement, you must read books.

more fantastically utopian posts like this and i might just give you my phone number. swoon.