There is an inverse correlation between religiosity and intelligence.

Well since you're laughing at that, can you explain why even Darwin himself has said there's no concrete proof of his theory?

From My Life & Letters

Because he was not a dumbass. :p The very concept of evolution would require a longer period of study than any single human could ever live (even Noah at a few hundres years old :rolleyes: ). He also realizes that like everything in science nothing can truly be proven. Science is about supporting theories or disproving them. There is no such thing as proving something to 100% certainty.

That being said Darwin was alive a long fucking time ago and you'd have to be quite the blind bible thumper to think that his comments about the lack of evidence have any effect on the mountains of evidence - including the numerous transitional fossils and data aquired by sequencing various genomes. :heart:

Last edited:
There is no such thing as proving something to 100% certainty.

Yet atheists know without a shadow of a doubt that there is no God. That's what I have issues with. Science isn't 100% sure yet that's how they base their entire belief in the lack of a higher being.

That being said, I personally believe there's a correlation between both the bible and how creatures evolved on this earth. So no I'm not one of those who take the bible to be 100% literal.

Yet atheists know without a shadow of a doubt that there is no God. That's what I have issues with. Science isn't 100% sure yet that's how they base their entire belief in the lack of a higher being.

That being said, I personally believe there's a correlation between both the bible and how creatures evolved on this earth. So no I'm not one of those who take the bible to be 100% literal.

I think its impossible to take the bible 100% literal (I do realize that some people say that they do), the Bible contradicts itself several times.

Not necessarily. I tend to believe that atheists say there is no god and agnostics say it's unkown but many atheists explain there are varying levels of atheism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weak_and_strong_atheism

So no, they don't all claim to know that there is no god. Many simple refuse to believe that of all the different religions one could be that christianity is in any way special beyond having conquered more of the world in order to force its message on the disbelievers.
Either way, hallowed are the Ori.

Why does it "bother you". That is what I cannot understand.

If you want to believe in your religion .. great, fine, dandy. But why must someone else believe it too, else it bothers you?

Why can't they just not believe it, or beleive in something else? What about that has to bother someone else. It doesn't concern you personally and doesn't affect you.

Why can't you just leave them alone and not try to push your religion on them?

If you want to believe in your religion .. great, fine, dandy. But why must someone else believe it too, else it bothers you?

Why can't they just not believe it, or beleive in something else? What about that has to bother someone else. It doesn't concern you personally and doesn't affect you.

Who are you addressing again? As far as the militant atheists are concerned anyone not adopting their views is wrong and must be corrected. Then there are the people WHO DONT TALK ABOUT SEX, RELIGION, OR POLITICS in polite conversation, like me, who may swing either way. Then there are your basic evangelists who I treat pretty much the same as militant atheists...

You desperate attempt to take the moral high ground has failed, I suggest you visit disneyland.

I imagine because there are many atheist liberals that like to laugh and call anyone religous stupid, as per this thread.

I don't see him as trying to push his religion on anyone. :eek: He's explaining his reasons for believing in what he believes, simple as that. He's not demanding anyone convert or change the evil of their ways, not calling any of us sinners or heathens. He's asking questions regarding why some of us believe what we believe because his views differ, the same way I often ask religious people how they can believe what they believe.

Who are you addressing again? As far as the militant atheists are concerned anyone not adopting their views is wrong and must be corrected. Then there are the people WHO DONT TALK ABOUT SEX, RELIGION, OR POLITICS in polite conversation, like me, who may swing either way. Then there are your basic evangelists who I treat pretty much the same as militant atheists...

You desperate attempt to take the moral high ground has failed, I suggest you visit disneyland.

I like to interject sex, religion and politics into EVERY conversation. :lol:

not him personally .. but many religious people do it. I live with one.

It's called prosthelyzing. Some religions push it big time. Not all Christian religions do it though.

My version of it is done just through my actions. As my priest said before, "Go out and spread the Gospel. Use words only if you have to" I live my life the way I feel I should. If that causes someone to learn about my religion, then I'm more than happy to talk about it. Otherwise, I let everyone believe their own beliefs. But put me to the test and I will defend myself.

It's called prosthelyzing. Some religions push it big time. Not all Christian religions do it though.

My version of it is done just through my actions. As my priest said before, "Go out and spread the Gospel. Use words only if you have to" I live my life the way I feel I should. If that causes someone to learn about my religion, then I'm more than happy to talk about it. Otherwise, I let everyone believe their own beliefs. But put me to the test and I will defend myself.

Would you have Islamic beliefs if you were born to Islamic parents?

I wasn't kidding when I said I took this stuff seriously :p

It's just odd how people adopt their parents religion instead of looking into it themselves.

My family is pretty religious and out of the three of the kids only my sister came out to following the "pack." My parents said once that they felt they did something wrong bringing us up.

My family is pretty religious and out of the three of the kids only my sister came out to following the "pack." My parents said once that they felt they did something wrong bringing us up.

I think I've already told you we are in the same boat...

It's just odd how people adopt their parents religion instead of looking into it themselves.

That's just with anything a parent trys to teach you to do. Anytime you adapt to something different than what you were taught .. they feel like a failure. Which is odd to me, since as a parent I want my child to grow up and have a good choice making mind of his own .. not be some little robot I programmed.

I think it's just how they were raised and what generation they come from that makes them feel that way. They weren't allowed to have as free a mindset as we are these days. And it's hard for them to grasp the idea of that.