Baby The Talk

Yeah I had zero support from the family on anything like that. Truly my family was all about hiding bad things and treating some things like they were the plague. I hated it. I loved my mom dearly but her methods sucked. My dad just went with it.

I wound up learning everything from school. Fortunately they were smart enough to do sex ed every single year starting middle school so by high school I did know it all. But damn, it would have been nice to be able to talk about things with out an iron fist smacking down.
EEWW catholicz

EEWW catholicz
Hey now - we're a Catholic family here

:jvag:

we're just more sane than my parents. I know Luis has been busier at work but IIRC his parents bought the boys condoms (is that right @Coqui ?) Not all Catholics are dumbasses like my parents were about that subject.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke

we're just more sane than my parents. I know Luis has been busier at work but IIRC his parents bought the boys condoms (is that right @Coqui ?) Not all Catholics are dumbasses like my parents were about that subject.

like, "if you don't want kids right away, use these on the honeymoon. The instructions are inside." ??

They didn't buy us condoms. They just told us to use them under any circumstances.

I never had the talk. My dad was always (and still is) very introverted, and never likes to discuss anything that makes him uncomfortable. My Mom, she never really engaged in uncomfortable talks with me because it's really awkward for a mom to talk to her son about sex and penis things. She left that for my dad to do, which he never did. I had to figure it all out on my own.

Come to think about it... my parents never really engaged me much in those "life's lessons" kind of things. You know... the "How to's" of life. Sex, shaving, changing the oil/brakes on my car, cooking, laundry... None of that kind of stuff. It's all shit that I had to figure out on my own. Mostly trial and error... except the oil/brakes... that was one that I knew that trial and error may end tragically so I did my research and looked at the process before disassembly. The sex though... for a long time I thought my penis squirted milk (obviously that ended when I tasted it... lol., j/k, I learned otherwise in sex ed.) I thought this because boobies make milk and make the baby grow, so a mans milk goes into the woman and a baby grows. Sound logic, right?

Hmm... This explanation might just be the epiphany to explain my psychological issues...

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I never had the talk. My dad was always (and still is) very introverted, and never likes to discuss anything that makes him uncomfortable. My Mom, she never really engaged in uncomfortable talks with me because it's really awkward for a mom to talk to her son about sex and penis things. She left that for my dad to do, which he never did. I had to figure it all out on my own.

Come to think about it... my parents never really engaged me much in those "life's lessons" kind of things. You know... the "How to's" of life. Sex, shaving, changing the oil/brakes on my car, cooking, laundry... None of that kind of stuff. It's all shit that I had to figure out on my own. Mostly trial and error... except the oil/brakes... that was one that I knew that trial and error may end tragically so I did my research and looked at the process before disassembly. The sex though... for a long time I thought my penis squirted milk (obviously that ended when I tasted it... lol., j/k, I learned otherwise in sex ed.) I thought this because boobies make milk and make the baby grow, so a mans milk goes into the woman and a baby grows. Sound logic, right?

Hmm... This explanation might just be the epiphany to explain my psychological issues...

i suppose not talking about it at all is better than a live demonstration, right?

They didn't buy us condoms. They just told us to use them under any circumstances.
We encourage waiting till married (obviously, cause Mormon) but we do make sure and throw in "but if you do have sex don't be an idiot and use condoms." One day we'll get into what condoms actually are and how to use them. And be we I mean John. I'll teach Haylee all about her girl bits and how to use a condon so she knows if the guys is doing it right but I'm gonna let the dad do the actual teaching to the boys.

We never really got the talk either, with 3 older sisters it was fairly easy to figure out though. My mom never say is down and gave specifics outside of basic anatomy and that was done through health class lessons (homeschooled). Now, however, sex is talked about all the time with us being all grown up and married. With 6 girls and mom it's very easy to make husbands uncomfortable quickly without trying when we discuss anything related to sex or childbirth.