Ontopic The "Should not have done that" thread V. Sexual Misdeeds

I keep forgetting hollyweird is pro pedophilia .
Adult Swim is in Georgia, for one. Two, they pride themselves on pushing the boundaries. Three, he recognized it was bad and took it down.

Sometimes you have to take the source of the accusation into account. This isn't Cosby claiming the women after him were looking for fame and money. The folks at 4chan that posted this did so with the express desire to take someone on the left down. Given that and point 3 above, why wouldn't AS support him?

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Adult Swim is in Georgia, for one. Two, they pride themselves on pushing the boundaries. Three, he recognized it was bad and took it down.

Sometimes you have to take the source of the accusation into account. This isn't Cosby claiming the women after him were looking for fame and money. The folks at 4chan that posted this did so with the express desire to take someone on the left down. Given that and point 3 above, why wouldn't AS support him?

The left doesn't need 4chan's help eating themselves .

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Want to actually have a discussion about it, or is this going to be the thread the two parties on the forum use to snipe at each other for the day?
Your point three: I'm troubled that he went ahead and made it, I think he should have nailed that idea in his freakin head. Maybe tried to exorcise it. I'm glad he took it down (gee, that would be a shitstorm) but it was a little too late imo. I don't think this has anything to do with politics. I mean, they may be a factor in some folks actions but this should be a bi-partisan foul. There are kids on both sides of the aisle.
That "creative people all want to do the unexpected" (paraphrased, Hedy Lamarr), doesn't excuse the film's creation.

I'd can him - people who drift too far from societal norms need an occasional bonk of reality.
Next person - merge quickly!

Your point three: I'm troubled that he went ahead and made it
I agree, and I dont have any argument that will excuse it, mitigation is the best I can do.
Looking at some of Harmon's other stuff that he produces for organizations other than [AS], I'm not surprised he got so far off the rails. Combine that with the fact that I dont know anyone who has had what they thought was a good idea turn out to be a bad idea upon reflection and I'm willing to wait for a larger fuck up before condemning him

I agree, and I dont have any argument that will excuse it, mitigation is the best I can do.
Looking at some of Harmon's other stuff that he produces for organizations other than [AS], I'm not surprised he got so far off the rails. Combine that with the fact that I dont know anyone who has had what they thought was a good idea turn out to be a bad idea upon reflection and I'm willing to wait for a larger fuck up before condemning him
I agree we all fuck up - good idea turns out bad. But that was quite a stretch from being a good idea even at conception - few peeps like babies being screwed with figuratively or literally. I think as a matter of public policy AS needs to swat him somewhat NOW. They can ease him back into the fold later.

I agree we all fuck up - good idea turns out bad. But that was quite a stretch from being a good idea even at conception - few peeps like babies being screwed with figuratively or literally. I think as a matter of public policy AS needs to swat him somewhat NOW. They can ease him back into the fold later.
Crimes have a statute of limitation for a reason. This wasn't even a crime, it's just in bad taste. What does punishing someone now for something they did almost a decade ago do in this case?

Crimes have a statute of limitation for a reason. This wasn't even a crime, it's just in bad taste. What does punishing someone now for something they did almost a decade ago do in this case?
It doesn't rise to the level of a crime, but it does speak to the corporate values of the company that retains his services.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
It doesn't rise to the level of a crime, but it does speak to the corporate values of the company that retains his services.
Corporate values? I dont understand the term.

Seriously, there are jokes as bad or worse out there and the people that told them still have successful careers. Other than poor taste, the thing Harmon seems to have fucked up at is making a bad joke.

Not to sound like a FBKer, but I've seen people in this forum joke about rape and pedophilia. No pitchforks seen yet.

Corporate values? I dont understand the term.

Seriously, there are jokes as bad or worse out there and the people that told them still have successful careers. Other than poor taste, the thing Harmon seems to have fucked up at is making a bad joke.

Not to sound like a FBKer, but I've seen people in this forum joke about rape and pedophilia. No pitchforks seen yet.
Look, I get it. You like Rick and Morty and by extension this dude. It's fine.

He fucked up, though. Don't defend it.

If Adult Swim wants to continue to associate, that's their business. it reflects on AS, though. Whether that impacts their business or not is beyond me. I'm unlikely to boycott them, but I've also consumed exactly one of their shows in their entire history, so w/e.

Look, I get it. You like Rick and Morty and by extension this dude. It's fine.

He fucked up, though. Don't defend it.

If Adult Swim wants to continue to associate, that's their business. it reflects on AS, though. Whether that impacts their business or not is beyond me. I'm unlikely to boycott them, but I've also consumed exactly one of their shows in their entire history, so w/e.
Nothing to do with R&M, not a lot to do with Harmon actually, it's more to do with what was said by the goober on 4chan when they posted the video. I dont like the idea of there being a tit for tat when it comes to this kind of shit.

If someone fucks up and they dont admit they have fucked up, they deserve everything coming to them. That's not the situation here, and Harmon is one of the few people in Hollywood that seems to handle their fuckups like an adult. Look at how he opened himself up earlier this year with Megan Ganz.

People shouldn't be fearful of every little thing they've ever done. That's the situation I'm irritated about here. He made a bad joke, he took it down of his own accord, then a decade later he is having to pay for that?
Why?

Nothing to do with R&M, not a lot to do with Harmon actually, it's more to do with what was said by the goober on 4chan when they posted the video. I dont like the idea of there being a tit for tat when it comes to this kind of shit.

If someone fucks up and they dont admit they have fucked up, they deserve everything coming to them. That's not the situation here, and Harmon is one of the few people in Hollywood that seems to handle their fuckups like an adult. Look at how he opened himself up earlier this year with Megan Ganz.

People shouldn't be fearful of every little thing they've ever done. That's the situation I'm irritated about here. He made a bad joke, he took it down of his own accord, then a decade later he is having to pay for that?
Why?
I think I missed part of the conversation. Are you responding to wet tardo (he's on my crybabby list now)? Because I agree with everything you say here except the "people shouldn't be fearful" thing.

Unless you're under 25, or don't have a fully functioning brain, you probably should be ready to take responsibility for whatever you've said and done, even if it's simply to say, "I was dumb then and didn't understand, but I have grown in the meantime and certainly wouldn't say that now".

But, I also have zero shame, so maybe there's an angle here I haven't considered.

I think I missed part of the conversation. Are you responding to wet tardo? Because I agree with everything you say here except the "people shouldn't be fearful" thing.

Unless you're under 25, or don't have a fully functioning brain, you probably should be ready to take responsibility for whatever you've said and done, even if it's simply to say, "I was dumb then and didn't understand, but I have grown in the meantime and certainly wouldn't say that now".

But, I also have zero shame, so maybe there's an angle here I haven't considered.
I was more responding to the dismissal that I was sticking up for Harmon because he created a few shows I like.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
People shouldn't be fearful of every little thing they've ever done.

Totally agree and this goes much farther than people are even aware of . We have some seriously fucked up new laws in canada that compel you to speak a certain way and outlaw speaking about certain people .

And " human rights " tribunals , no real judge but an "appointee " and no lawyers .

People are already doing jail time for twitter posts .

And there's more which i can't talk about .

. . .